Merge ontologies

Mohammed Ibrahim
Hi all,

Could you please kindly let me know what is the best approach to merging ontologies automatically?
for example, I have course ontology and job ontology and student profile ontology and I have created it by protege and I want to merge them to use it as an input in my recommender engine.

Kind regards
Mohammed

--

Mohammed Ibrahim
PhD Research Student ,MSc,BSc

Anglesea Building

Anglesea Road

PO1 3DJ

Mobile:00447448038575

Tel: <a href="tel:02392842396" value="+442392842396" target="_blank">02392842587
''If four things are followed - having a great aim, acquiring knowledge, hard work, and perseverance - then anything can be achieved''

RE: Merge ontologies

Ghayth AlMahadin

Hi Mohammed,

Open the first ontology then open the second ontology in the same window then from ontologies you want to merge in same window and open all ontologies you want to merge in the same windows then from Refactor tab choose merge ontologies and select the ontologies you want to merge  and process with steps to create new merged ontology or use existing one, I would prefer to create new ontology to keep old ontologies as they are.

Hopefully the steps are clear

Ghayth

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Could you please kindly let me know what is the best approach to merging ontologies automatically?

for example, I have course ontology and job ontology and student profile ontology and I have created it by protege and I want to merge them to use it as an input in my recommender engine.

Kind regards

Mohammed

--

Mohammed Ibrahim
PhD Research Student ,MSc,BSc
School of Engineering

Anglesea Building

Anglesea Road

PO1 3DJ

Mobile:00447448038575

Tel: <a href="tel:02392842396" value="+442392842396" target="_blank">02392842587

''If four things are followed - having a great aim, acquiring knowledge, hard work, and perseverance - then anything can be achieved''

http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Merge-ontologies-tp4669324.html

To start a new topic under Protege User, email ml+[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Protege Project, click here.
NAML

Re: Merge ontologies

Mohammed Ibrahim
Dear Ghayth,

Thank you for your replying. I really appreciate it . Could you please see the attached file which is research paper and I try to implement it but I need some help and advice. the Author in this paper presented automated method to merge ontologies. I want to know if I do merge the ontologies as you mentioned in your answer are the ontologies will merge automatically?

Kind regards
Mohammed

On 7 August 2017 at 20:44, Ghayth AlMahadin <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Tel: <a href="tel:02392842396" value="<a href="tel:+44%2023%209284%202396" value="+442392842396" target="_blank">+442392842396" target="_blank">02392842587

''If four things are followed - having a great aim, acquiring knowledge, hard work, and perseverance - then anything can be achieved''

http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Merge-ontologies-tp4669324.html

To start a new topic under Protege User, email ml+[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Protege Project, click here.
NAML

Mohammed Ibrahim
PhD Research Student ,MSc,BSc
School of Engineering

Anglesea Building

Anglesea Road

PO1 3DJ

Mobile:00447448038575

Tel: <a href="tel:02392842396" value="+442392842396" target="_blank">02392842587
''If four things are followed - having a great aim, acquiring knowledge, hard work, and perseverance - then anything can be achieved''

A Novel Algorithm for Fully Automated Ontology Merging Using Hybird Strategy.pdf (103K) Download Attachment

Re: Merge ontologies

Lorenz Buehmann

"Need some help" means what?

Use Java + the OWL API and implement the algorithm(s).

Or even better, use some existing tools like LogMap etc.

Note, automatic ontology matching/merging/fusion is research topic since ages and will also be research in the future as this is non-trivial.

On 08.08.2017 11:05, Mohammed Ibrahim wrote:
[...]

Tel: <a href="tel:02392842396" value="<a href="tel:+44%2023%209284%202396" value="+442392842396" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">+442392842396" target="_blank">02392842587

''If four things are followed - having a great aim, acquiring knowledge, hard work, and perseverance - then anything can be achieved''

http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Merge-ontologies-tp4669324.html

To start a new topic under Protege User, email ml+[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Protege Project, click here.
NAML

Mohammed Ibrahim
PhD Research Student ,MSc,BSc
School of Engineering

Anglesea Building

Anglesea Road

PO1 3DJ

Mobile:00447448038575

Tel: <a href="tel:02392842396" value="+442392842396" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">02392842587