Merging frames and OWL into unified approach

Merging frames and OWL into unified approach

mantrid

Hi All,

I have been researching defferences between frame-based and OWL-based aproaches. I run into Alan Rector's presentation from his talk from 2009 [1] where he discusses not only differences but also potential for some form of synthesis of the two. He argued it could be done with multiple layering approach. He also mentioned that there were some attempts to merge the two into one modelling approach in the Protege project.

Do you happen to know what is the state of this research? Is it being continued? Do you know whom I could contact to discuss the topic further?

Thank You and Best Regards,

Jakub

[1] http://protege.stanford.edu/conference/2007/slides/12.01_Rector.pdf