Modify or retract ontology information

edi

Modify or retract ontology information

edi
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Modify or retract ontology information

Thomas Russ

On Feb 20, 2011, at 12:56 AM, Edmond Jajaga wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Using Protégé we can not modify or retract any information of the
> ontology because of OWL and SWRL’s nonmonotonicity. Is there any
> external tool to use for these purposes in Protégé environment?

Actually, the Protégé editor and API, as well as the OWL API allow you
to modify and retract information.  It just has to happen through
either user interaction (with the GUI) or via external program code
(via the API).  SWRL rules are non-monotonic so they can't retract or
modify information when they execute.

You will need to run the reasoner and SWRL after you make any changes
to the ontology.