Moving sources over to Subversion

Nick Drummond
Hi ProtegeOWL developers

We intend to move the source code for ProtegeOWL from Sourceforge CVS
over to the Protege Subversion repository [1] in the next couple of
weeks. This should give us a speed enhancement - sourceforge can get
very slow for checking out. It also means that everything is available
in one place. We will also take this opportunity to tidy up the file
structure to remove empty directories etc.

The current sourceforge site will be frozen and pointers to the Protege
servers published.

We hope this will not cause any serious problems for anyone, and should
hopefully make life a bit easier.

We will announce the date of the move when it is settled.

Nick

[1] http://smi-protege.stanford.edu/svn/

--

Nick Drummond

Re: Moving sources over to Subversion

Nick Drummond
Hi all,

We are preparing the Protege-OWL source to move over to subversion.

Stanford will be doing the initial import later today and we will freeze
development until a new beta is available (whether this is possible
later today depends on workloads).

The checkout directory will be
http://smi-protege.stanford.edu/svn/owl/trunk/src/

The Sourceforge project will be frozen and point to the new repository
ONCE THE FIRST BUILD HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL.

We hope these changes will not cause anyone problems - and hope the new
setup will be more effective and tidier for everyone.

Thankyou for your patience.

Nick

Nick Drummond wrote:

> Hi ProtegeOWL developers
>
> We intend to move the source code for ProtegeOWL from Sourceforge CVS
> over to the Protege Subversion repository [1] in the next couple of
> weeks. This should give us a speed enhancement - sourceforge can get
> very slow for checking out. It also means that everything is available
> in one place. We will also take this opportunity to tidy up the file
> structure to remove empty directories etc.
>
> The current sourceforge site will be frozen and pointers to the
> Protege servers published.
>
> We hope this will not cause any serious problems for anyone, and
> should hopefully make life a bit easier.
>
> We will announce the date of the move when it is settled.
>
> Nick
>
> [1] http://smi-protege.stanford.edu/svn/

--

Nick Drummond

Re: Moving sources over to Subversion

Jennifer Vendetti
Administrator
Nick Drummond wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We are preparing the Protege-OWL source to move over to subversion.
>
> Stanford will be doing the initial import later today and we will
> freeze development until a new beta is available (whether this is
> possible later today depends on workloads).
>
> The checkout directory will be
> http://smi-protege.stanford.edu/svn/owl/trunk/src/

I would like to add one small correction.  The URL listed above should
be used if anyone from the community wants to browse the Protege-OWL
source code via ViewCVS.  If community members would like to check out
the source code using a Subversion client, the URL is:

http://smi-protege.stanford.edu/repos/protege/owl/trunk/src

There is currently documentation on our Web site about how to check out
Protege-Frames code using a Subversion client from our Subversion
repository (http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/svn/contribute.html).  The
documentation is also applicable to checking out Protege-OWL code, now
that the code for both resides in the same repository.

Jennifer