Multi-User project modifications

Luis Rodrigo Aguado
    Hi,

    I am trying to work with a multi-user project. The environment is
the following:

- I have tried both with Protege 3.0 and 3.2beta in the clients and in
the server.
- The project is an OWL-database project, stored in MySql 5.0.

    When I open both clients, I can see the modifications made in one of
them in the other one instantly, no problem on that. However, the save
button is disabled on the clients, and when I log into the server and
load the owl-database project locally, the modifications have not been
stored.

    I am afraid this may be a very trivial mistake, does anyone know
what may I be doing wrong? I have checked the multi=user tutorial, but I
get no clues from there.

    Thanks in advance,

    Luis.

Re: [protege-owl] Multi-User project modifications

Tania Tudorache

Luis,

Luis Rodrigo Aguado wrote:

>     Hi,
>
>     I am trying to work with a multi-user project. The environment is
> the following:
>
> - I have tried both with Protege 3.0 and 3.2beta in the clients and in
> the server.
> - The project is an OWL-database project, stored in MySql 5.0.
>
>     When I open both clients, I can see the modifications made in one
> of them in the other one instantly, no problem on that. However, the
> save button is disabled on the clients, and when I log into the server
> and load the owl-database project locally, the modifications have not
> been stored.

This seems almost impossible. Are you sure you are opening locally the
same project that you modified on the server? Please open the server
metaproject and check the path of the db project. When you edit locally,
you should use the same project as you specified in the metaproject for
the "Location" slot of the "Project" instance for your db project.

Please don't post your messages both on protege-discussion and
protege-owl discussion lists. This creates confusion and it is hard for
us to track the threads of messages.

Thanks,
Tania

Re: Multi-User project modifications

Jennifer Vendetti-2

Luis,

Tania has answered your question on the protege-owl mailing list.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind our users that it is not
necessary to cross-post your questions to multiple Protege mailing
lists.  Please post your questions to one list.  If it's the wrong list,
one of us will let you know and tell you which list your message should
be reposted to.

Thanks for your understanding.

Jennifer

Luis Rodrigo Aguado wrote:

>    Hi,
>
>    I am trying to work with a multi-user project. The environment is
>the following:
>
>- I have tried both with Protege 3.0 and 3.2beta in the clients and in
>the server.
>- The project is an OWL-database project, stored in MySql 5.0.
>
>    When I open both clients, I can see the modifications made in one of
>them in the other one instantly, no problem on that. However, the save
>button is disabled on the clients, and when I log into the server and
>load the owl-database project locally, the modifications have not been
>stored.
>
>    I am afraid this may be a very trivial mistake, does anyone know
>what may I be doing wrong? I have checked the multi=user tutorial, but I
>get no clues from there.
>
>    Thanks in advance,
>
>    Luis.

Datagenie Problem

Kostas Vavliakis

I am trying to import data with DataGenie v2.0b from an Oracle 9.2 db. I am
using JDBC driver and when I try to connect to the database I get the
following message:

---Examining table: MEASURE
---Examining table: LASERW
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap
space

I have noticed that DataGenie doesn't only examines the tables belonging to
the schema of the user I enter , but also the default views of the SYS user
(which are more than 2000)

Any help would be appreciated.

Kostas.

Re: Datagenie Problem

Tania Tudorache

Try increasing the heap size for Protege. Guidelines for how large the
heap size should be, you find here:
http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ScalabilityAndTuning
and how to set it for Protege is documented here:
http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SettingHeapSize

Tania

Vavliakis Kostas wrote:

>Hello,
>I am trying to import data with DataGenie v2.0b from an Oracle 9.2 db. I am
>using JDBC driver and when I try to connect to the database I get the
>following message:
>

>---Examining table: MEASURE
>---Examining table: LASERW
>Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap
>space
>

>I have noticed that DataGenie doesn't only examines the tables belonging to
>the schema of the user I enter , but also the default views of the SYS user
>(which are more than 2000)
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Kostas.

Re: Datagenie Problem

Kostas Vavliakis

I increased the max heap size to 1GB , but the only difference is that
Protégé now examines more tables before it crashes with the message
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError. The problem is that Datagenie v2.0 examines not
only the tables of the user I connect from ODBC/JDBC, but also the views of
the SYS user of Oracle. I tried to reduce the roles of my user but without
any result.

Kostas

Vavliakis Kostas wrote:

>Hello,
>I am trying to import data with DataGenie v2.0b from an Oracle 9.2 db. I am
>using JDBC driver and when I try to connect to the database I get the
>following message:
>

>---Examining table: MEASURE
>---Examining table: LASERW
>Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java
heap

>space
>

>I have noticed that DataGenie doesn't only examines the tables belonging to
>the schema of the user I enter , but also the default views of the SYS user
>(which are more than 2000)
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Kostas.

Re: Datagenie Problem

Tania Tudorache

Well, in this case, you may want to contact the authors of the plugin
directly. I am not sure that they are monitoring the discussion list.

Tania