Multiple attributes for Same Domains/Ranges

Multiple attributes for Same Domains/Ranges

Mussa
Is it possible to have same domain and ranges for different objectproperety. See below example

Patient isTeatedBy Doctor
Patient makesAppointmentWith Doctor
Patient hasOperationby Doctor

I just want to say a patient is treated by a doctor, a patient can make an appointment to see a doctor and a patient can have an operation by a doctor. Are the above sentences explain what I would like to say. Is there any unwanted information can be inferred from the above information which add more information which I may not want to say

Regards
Mussa

Re: Multiple attributes for Same Domains/Ranges

Hi Mussa,

> Is it possible to have same domain and ranges for different objectproperety.
> See below example
>
> Patient isTeatedBy Doctor
> Patient makesAppointmentWith Doctor
> Patient hasOperationby Doctor
>
> I just want to say a patient is treated by a doctor, a patient can make an
> appointment to see a doctor and a patient can have an operation by a doctor.
> Are the above sentences explain what I would like to say. Is there any
> unwanted information can be inferred from the above information which add
> more information which I may not want to say

Using domains and ranges doesn’t really say what you want it to say.  If you say the domain of isTreatedBy is Patient, then this means that if something, say X, is treated by something then that X is a Patient.  It does not say that a Patient isTreatedBy a Doctor.  To say this you would write

Class:  Patient
        SubClassOf:  isTreatedBy some Doctor

You can specify this in Protege using the Class Description View as shown below (I also made Patient a subclass of Person).

I’ve attached a small ontology with this example in it.

patient.owl (3K) Download Attachment