New OWL-S Editor release

Daniel Elenius

Notes: Tested with Protege 3.2 beta, build 304. May or may not work with earlier or later versions.

Changes:
Lots of changes all over, but mostly internal.

We now use OWL-S 1.2 (pre-release).

We now ship some examples with the Editor. Go to the metadata tab and import from existing repositories. Some of these actually execute as well.

Download it from here:
http://projects.semwebcentral.org/frs/?group_id=25

Just unzip into plugins directory as usual.

We do have some (mostly out of date) documentation on our web site:
http://owlseditor.semwebcentral.org/

Cheers,
Daniel

Re: New OWL-S Editor release - 2 bugs

gehrmann
Daniel Elenius wrote:

> *Notes:* Tested with Protege 3.2 beta, build 304. May or may not work
> with earlier or later versions.

> *Changes:
> *Lots of changes all over, but mostly internal.
>
> We now use OWL-S 1.2 (pre-release).
>
> We now ship some examples with the Editor. Go to the metadata tab and
> import from existing repositories. Some of these actually execute as
> well.
>
> Download it from here:
> http://projects.semwebcentral.org/frs/?group_id=25
>
> Just unzip into plugins directory as usual.
>
> We do have some (mostly out of date) documentation on our web site:
> http://owlseditor.semwebcentral.org/
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel

Hi,

I just installed the new release with the build 304 of Protege 3.2 beta.

There are 2 obvious problems.

1. The OWL-S Tab appeared twice
2. The path to the dot.exe (GraphViz) application is set as default to
../program files/ATT/Graphviz/bin. If the dot.exe application is in
another directory, the program hangs and it is not possible to change
the setting.

Is there any way to set the dot.exe path before starting the OWL-S plugin?

Greetings, Andreas

Re: New OWL-S Editor release Bug report and suggestion

gehrmann
Daniel Elenius wrote:

> *Notes:* Tested with Protege 3.2 beta, build 304. May or may not work
> with earlier or later versions.

> *Changes:
> *Lots of changes all over, but mostly internal.
>
> We now use OWL-S 1.2 (pre-release).
>
> We now ship some examples with the Editor. Go to the metadata tab and
> import from existing repositories. Some of these actually execute as
> well.
>
> Download it from here:
> http://projects.semwebcentral.org/frs/?group_id=25
>
> Just unzip into plugins directory as usual.
>
> We do have some (mostly out of date) documentation on our web site:
> http://owlseditor.semwebcentral.org/
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel

Hi,

here is another problem/bug report and a suggestion concerning the new
release of the OWL-S tab.

1. Bug:If I define a sub-class of a sub-class of the
process:CompositeProcess, it is not possible to instantiate (create
instance) the class in the OWL-S tab. This is a problem if I want to
specialize the process concept in order to fit to my domain of application.
2. Suggestion: If you work with OWL-S tab you get on the left pane of
the subclass explorer of the OWL tab all the top level class of OWL-S.
It would be better if the OWL-S tab would define one top level class,
e.g. OWL-S Entity and all the classes can be subsumed under this. This
would make an ontology that includes some other domain ontology, much
easier to navigate.

regards, Andreas

Andreas Gehrmann wrote:

> Daniel Elenius wrote:
>>
>> *Notes:* Tested with Protege 3.2 beta, build 304. May or may not work
>> with earlier or later versions.

>> *Changes:
>> *Lots of changes all over, but mostly internal.
>>
>> We now use OWL-S 1.2 (pre-release).
>>
>> We now ship some examples with the Editor. Go to the metadata tab and
>> import from existing repositories. Some of these actually execute as
>> well.
>> Download it from here:
>> http://projects.semwebcentral.org/frs/?group_id=25
>>
>> Just unzip into plugins directory as usual.
>>
>> We do have some (mostly out of date) documentation on our web site:
>> http://owlseditor.semwebcentral.org/
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Daniel
>>
> Hi,
>
> I just installed the new release with the build 304 of Protege 3.2 beta.
>
> There are 2 obvious problems.
>
> 1. The OWL-S Tab appeared twice
Yeah, this is a protege problem. It still works, and if you save a
project with the owl-s editor loaded, and reload it, it only appears once.

> 2. The path to the dot.exe (GraphViz) application is set as default to
> ../program files/ATT/Graphviz/bin. If the dot.exe application is in
> another directory, the program hangs and it is not possible to change
> the setting.

It hangs? Not for me... It should be possible to change it by clicking
the options toolbar button.

Also note that if you have been using OWL-S 1.1 previously, (e.g. by
using previous versions of the OWL-S Editor), you need to change to 1.2.
For most people, it should be possible to just replace all occurences of
1.1 with 1.2 in the owl files (i.e. using a text editor). Loading 1.1
files into the 1.2 editor will not work well.

Daniel

Andreas Gehrmann wrote:

> Daniel Elenius wrote:
>>
>> *Notes:* Tested with Protege 3.2 beta, build 304. May or may not work
>> with earlier or later versions.

>> *Changes:
>> *Lots of changes all over, but mostly internal.
>>
>> We now use OWL-S 1.2 (pre-release).
>>
>> We now ship some examples with the Editor. Go to the metadata tab and
>> import from existing repositories. Some of these actually execute as
>> well.
>> Download it from here:
>> http://projects.semwebcentral.org/frs/?group_id=25
>>
>> Just unzip into plugins directory as usual.
>>
>> We do have some (mostly out of date) documentation on our web site:
>> http://owlseditor.semwebcentral.org/
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Daniel
>>
> Hi,
>
> here is another problem/bug report and a suggestion concerning the new
> release of the OWL-S tab.
>
> 1. Bug:If I define a sub-class of a sub-class of the
> process:CompositeProcess, it is not possible to instantiate (create
> instance) the class in the OWL-S tab. This is a problem if I want to
> specialize the process concept in order to fit to my domain of
> application.

I'll have to look into this.
> 2. Suggestion: If you work with OWL-S tab you get on the left pane of
> the subclass explorer of the OWL tab all the top level class of OWL-S.
> It would be better if the OWL-S tab would define one top level class,
> e.g. OWL-S Entity and all the classes can be subsumed under this. This
> would make an ontology that includes some other domain ontology, much
> easier to navigate.

I don't see why this would make it easier to navigate. Anyway, this is
an issue about OWL-S itself rather than the OWL-S Editor (which just
uses OWL-S as it is). You could bring it up on the public-sws-ig list,
and explain the motivations for the suggestion.

> regards, Andreas

Re: New OWL-S Editor release - 2 bugs

Steve Wartik
Another issue: If your ontology already imports SWRL, the OWL-S plugin
gets confused and throws multiple exceptions. Alternately (probably the
same bug) you can't activate the SWRL tab. More precisely, when the tab
appears it doesn't recognize that SWRL is already imported, and clicking
the you-must-import button causes those exceptions.

Andreas Gehrmann wrote:

> Daniel Elenius wrote:
>>
>> *Notes:* Tested with Protege 3.2 beta, build 304. May or may not work
>> with earlier or later versions.

>> *Changes:
>> *Lots of changes all over, but mostly internal.
>>
>> We now use OWL-S 1.2 (pre-release).
>>
>> We now ship some examples with the Editor. Go to the metadata tab and
>> import from existing repositories. Some of these actually execute as
>> well.
>> Download it from here:
>> http://projects.semwebcentral.org/frs/?group_id=25
>>
>> Just unzip into plugins directory as usual.
>>
>> We do have some (mostly out of date) documentation on our web site:
>> http://owlseditor.semwebcentral.org/
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Daniel
>>
> Hi,
>
> I just installed the new release with the build 304 of Protege 3.2 beta.
>
> There are 2 obvious problems.
>
> 1. The OWL-S Tab appeared twice
> 2. The path to the dot.exe (GraphViz) application is set as default to
> ../program files/ATT/Graphviz/bin. If the dot.exe application is in
> another directory, the program hangs and it is not possible to change
> the setting.
>
> Is there any way to set the dot.exe path before starting the OWL-S
> plugin?
>
> Greetings, Andreas

Re: New OWL-S Editor release - 2 bugs

Daniel Elenius
This is a protege bug. Should be resolved soon.