Next release date

Steve Wartik

Has a date been set for the next release of Protégé Desktop?

I ask because I’m working with ontologies not parsed properly by the version of OWLAPI included in Protégé 5.2.0. The problem has been addressed. The length of time until Protégé includes the fix will determine what advice I give to colleagues. Thanks!

Steve Wartik

Institute for Defense Analyses

Re: Next release date

Lorenz Buehmann

Hi Steve,

maybe you could just built your own a Protege release from Github sources [1]? (you might have to increase the OWL API version to 4.5.1 here [2])

Or even simpler, it should work by just replacing the OWL API lib:

* you can download the OSGI bundle from here [3]

* replace file $PROTEGE_HOME/bundles/owlapi-osgidistribution.jar (note, the bundle from Maven has the version in the filename, i.e. either rename in advance or delete the old one)

Let me know if this works.

Cheers,

Lorenz

[1] https://github.com/protegeproject/protege/wiki/Building-from-Source

[2] https://github.com/protegeproject/protege/blob/master/pom.xml#L131

[3] http://central.maven.org/maven2/net/sourceforge/owlapi/owlapi-osgidistribution/4.5.1/owlapi-osgidistribution-4.5.1.jar

On 12.01.2018 19:18, Wartik, Steven P "Steve" wrote:

Has a date been set for the next release of Protégé Desktop?

I ask because I’m working with ontologies not parsed properly by the version of OWLAPI included in Protégé 5.2.0. The problem has been addressed. The length of time until Protégé includes the fix will determine what advice I give to colleagues. Thanks!

Steve Wartik

Institute for Defense Analyses

Re: Next release date

Steve Wartik

Matthew,

Thanks. That’s soon enough for me to recommend the simplest solution: exercise patience.

Best Regards,

Steve Wartik