NullpointerException reasoner problem

OntoBLW
Hi,
I was using protege(4.3 and 5.) finely. Suddenly, the reasoner stop working
and the logs were raising these exeptions for all ontology and in both
versions of protege. Could you please help me stopping this exception

/***** in protege 4.3*****/
NullPointerException: null

org.protege.editor.owl.model.OWLModelManagerImpl.fireEvent(OWLModelManagerImpl.java:821)

org.protege.editor.owl.model.inference.OWLReasonerManagerImpl.classifyAsynchronously(OWLReasonerManagerImpl.java:271)

org.protege.editor.owl.ui.inference.PrecomputeAction.actionPerformed(PrecomputeAction.java:42)
    javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
    javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
    javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
    javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown
Source)
    java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
    java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
    java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
    java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
    java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown
Source)
    java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown
Source)
    java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)
    java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)
    java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown
Source)
    java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
/****** in protege 5**********/
2018-05-23 03:43:32.497 [Classification Thread] INFO  OWLReasonerManager
------------------------------- Running Reasoner
-------------------------------
2018-05-23 03:43:32.499 [Classification Thread] INFO  OWLReasonerManager
2018-05-23 03:43:32.510 [Classification Thread] ERROR OWLReasonerManager
An error occurred during reasoning:
org.semanticweb.owlapi.model.OWLOntologyID.getDefaultDocumentIRI()Lorg/semanticweb/owlapi/model/IRI;.
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.semanticweb.owlapi.model.OWLOntologyID.getDefaultDocumentIRI()Lorg/semanticweb/owlapi/model/IRI;
        at
org.semanticweb.HermiT.structural.OWLClausification.preprocessAndClausify(Unknown
Source) ~[na:na]
        at org.semanticweb.HermiT.Reasoner.loadOntology(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
        at org.semanticweb.HermiT.Reasoner.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
        at org.semanticweb.HermiT.Reasoner.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
        at
org.semanticweb.HermiT.Reasoner$ReasonerFactory.createHermiTOWLReasoner(Unknown
Source) ~[na:na]
        at org.semanticweb.HermiT.Reasoner$ReasonerFactory.createReasoner(Unknown
Source) ~[na:na]
        at
org.protege.editor.owl.model.inference.ReasonerUtilities.createReasoner(ReasonerUtilities.java:20)
~[na:na]
        at
org.protege.editor.owl.model.inference.OWLReasonerManagerImpl$ClassificationRunner.ensureRunningReasonerInitialized(OWLReasonerManagerImpl.java:428)
~[na:na]
        at
org.protege.editor.owl.model.inference.OWLReasonerManagerImpl$ClassificationRunner.run(OWLReasonerManagerImpl.java:386)
~[na:na]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_171]

Re: NullpointerException reasoner problem

Lorenz B.
For sure you did change something given the error stacktrace and
messages like below. stick to latest version 5.2.0 and don't mix up any
OWL API versions.

On 23.05.2018 04:49, OntoBLW wrote:
> org/semanticweb/owlapi/model/IRI;.
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:

Re: NullpointerException reasoner problem

OntoBLW
Hi,
Thank you for your answer. But I have already been and still using Protégé
5.2. The reasoner does not run in both versions of protégé. I don't know
what to do to solve this issue (the reasoner does not work).

Re: NullpointerException reasoner problem

Lorenz B.
It sounds like you've simply overwritten an Protege 4.x project, thus,
you're having library conflicts. Clean install - that's all you need.