OSGi framework

grantpax
I’ve seen references to both Felix and Equinox in the Protege code (beta 16-SNAPSHOT). Does Protege use both for it’s OSGi implementation?

Re: OSGi framework

Hi Grant,

It uses Felix by default.

> On 3 Jan 2015, at 12:31, Grant Pax <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I’ve seen references to both Felix and Equinox in the Protege code (beta 16-SNAPSHOT). Does Protege use both for it’s OSGi implementation?

Re: OSGi framework

Timothy Redmond

At one time it was tested in both configurations but I suspect that this
hasn't been done in some time.  Developers who run Protege "inside
eclipse" are generally using equinox.  The code is designed to detect
the OSGi implementation from the classpath.  So simply changing the
classpath to include an equinox framework (or other) framework rather
than felix should work without any other changes to configuration.

-Timothy