OWL database interfacing help needed

Leaelaf M Hailemariam
Dear forum

Is there a way to interface an OWL ontology and a relational database
using Java? The application I am envisioning is the access of a database
to load numerical values in a database table onto an ontology instance.

regards
Laelaf

Re: OWL database interfacing help needed

Martin O'Connor

Leaelaf M Hailemariam <lhailema <at> ecn.purdue.edu> writes:

> Dear forum
>
> Is there a way to interface an OWL ontology and a relational database
> using Java? The application I am envisioning is the access of a database
> to load numerical values in a database table onto an ontology instance.
>
> regards
> Laelaf

If you want a static mapping, you can use DataMaster [1]. We are working on  a
dynamic OWL-to-relational mapping but it will not be released for several
months.

Martin

[1] http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DataMaster

Re: OWL database interfacing help needed

JMiller

Martin,

Can you explain, in this context, 'static' vs 'dynamic'?  (Taxonomy vs data, etc.)

Jim

"Martin O'Connor" <[hidden email]>
Sent by: [hidden email]

07/10/2007 09:36 AM

Please respond to
User support for the Protege-OWL editor        <[hidden email]>

cc
Subject
Re: [protege-owl] OWL database interfacing help needed

Leaelaf M Hailemariam <lhailema <at> ecn.purdue.edu> writes:

> Dear forum
>
> Is there a way to interface an OWL ontology and a relational database
> using Java? The application I am envisioning is the access of a database
> to load numerical values in a database table onto an ontology instance.
>
> regards
> Laelaf

If you want a static mapping, you can use DataMaster [1]. We are working on  a
dynamic OWL-to-relational mapping but it will not be released for several
months.

Martin

[1] http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DataMaster

Re: OWL database interfacing help needed

Martin O'Connor

There is a detailed discussion here:

http://smi.stanford.edu/smi-web/research/details.jsp?PubId=1245

Martin

Quoting James A Miller <[hidden email]>:

> Martin,
>
> Can you explain, in this context, 'static' vs 'dynamic'?  (Taxonomy vs
> data, etc.)
>
> Jim
>

> "Martin O'Connor" <[hidden email]>
> Sent by: [hidden email]
> 07/10/2007 09:36 AM
> Please respond to
> User support for the Protege-OWL editor <[hidden email]>

> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: [protege-owl] OWL database interfacing help needed
>

> Leaelaf M Hailemariam <lhailema <at> ecn.purdue.edu> writes:
>

>> Dear forum
>>
>> Is there a way to interface an OWL ontology and a relational database
>> using Java? The application I am envisioning is the access of a database
>
>> to load numerical values in a database table onto an ontology instance.
>>
>> regards
>> Laelaf
>>

> If you want a static mapping, you can use DataMaster [1]. We are working
> on  a
> dynamic OWL-to-relational mapping but it will not be released for several
> months.
>
> Martin
>
> [1] http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DataMaster

Re: OWL database interfacing help needed

Albert Secure
Hi Martin,

Just wonder if this dynamic mapping plugin is now available or not?

Albert

Martin O'Connor wrote