OWL store and import/export plug-ins

Monica Gemo
Hello,
I hope that you can give me some hints as I am not much expert.

I am to develop an image database with semantic annotation support to be integrated into a C++ environment.
I am using Protege to develop the ontology.
Can you please give some reference of any OWL storage and RDF storage support for C++?

I see that Protege import/export plugins link it with XML databases and RDF storage.
Does it exist any link towards OWL storage?

Thanks a lot,
Monica

 Monica Gemo - Ph.D. Student
 Communication and Remote Sensing Lab. (UCL/TELE)
 Belgium Lab. of Computer-Human Interaction (UCL/BCHI)
 Universit√© catholique de Louvain
 Address : Stevin Building, room A.147
                 Place du Levant, 2
                 B-1348 Louvain-la-Neuve, BELGIUM
 Tel : + 32 10 47.41.05  -  Fax : + 32 10 47.20.89
 E-mail : [hidden email]
  http://www.tele.ucl.ac.be/view-people.php?id=54

Re: OWL store and import/export plug-ins

Nick Drummond
Monica,

Hey, this is semantic web technology - stick to Java :)

I don't know of any C++ APIs off by hand, but a google search has come
up with Redland [1] and Mozilla [2] for RDF.
For OWL, no idea - anyone else?

ProtegeOWL has links through jena [3] to various backends and also
utilises the Protege DB backend, so I suppose it depends what you mean
by OWL storage.

Nick

[1] http://librdf.org/
[2] http://www.mozilla.org/rdf/doc/