OWL2

Joakim Söderberg
When I save an Ontology as RDF/XML from Protege 4.x, How can I know that my file is saved as OWL 2?
When I check the RDF/XML file I can see: xmlns:owl="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#

Which indicates OWL 1, right?

Re: OWL2

Lorenz Buehmann
The namespace has nothing to do with the OWL version. Not sure if there is a plugin which shows you the OWL profile.

Lorenz
On 11/09/12 13:14, Joakim Söderberg wrote:
When I save an Ontology as RDF/XML from Protege 4.x, How can I know that my file is saved as OWL 2?
When I check the RDF/XML file I can see: xmlns:owl="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#

Which indicates OWL 1, right?

Re: OWL2

Timothy Redmond

One thing that you could do would be to use the wonderweb validator [1] which was designed in the OWL 1 days.

When I check the RDF/XML file I can see: xmlns:owl="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#

OWL 2 was designed to be compatible with OWL 1 where possible.  So if you don't use any OWL 2 constructs in your file the serialization as RDF will look like a valid OWL 1 serialization and can be loaded by OWL 1 tools.

-Timothy.

[1] http://www.mygrid.org.uk/OWL/Validator