OWLDoc Equivalent classes promoted to being direct children of Thing

OWLDoc Equivalent classes promoted to being direct children of Thing

Roger Hyam

Hi Nick and all,

I am still having problems with this bug in the OwlDoc exporter.  I just downloaded P4 RC1 and got the latest version of OwlDoc.

Using P4 and OWLDoc when I generate an OWLDoc of an ontology with Equivalent classes in I get the classes mentioned in the equivalence promoted to being direct children of Thing. They are not direct children of Thing in the P4 interface.

I attach a simple ontology that demonstrates this. AppleFruit and AppleOnTree are not children of Thing in P4. In the OWLDoc export clicking on Thing shows them as direct children but clicking either one of them shows that they are not descendants of Thing.

Nick reported this as fixed

https://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/p4-feedback/2009-April/001828.html

Maybe it has been messed up again with RC1?

Many thanks for help with this.

Roger

Ontology1238427067044.owl (3K) Download Attachment

Re: OWLDoc Equivalent classes promoted to being direct children of Thing

Nick Drummond
Alright, will have a look.

Nick

2009/6/15 Roger Hyam <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Nick and all,
>
> I am still having problems with this bug in the OwlDoc exporter.  I just
> downloaded P4 RC1 and got the latest version of OwlDoc.
>
> Using P4 and OWLDoc when I generate an OWLDoc of an ontology with Equivalent
> classes in I get the classes mentioned in the equivalence promoted to being
> direct children of Thing. They are not direct children of Thing in the P4
> interface.
>
> I attach a simple ontology that demonstrates this. AppleFruit and
> AppleOnTree are not children of Thing in P4. In the OWLDoc export clicking
> on Thing shows them as direct children but clicking either one of them shows
> that they are not descendants of Thing.
>
> Nick reported this as fixed
>
> https://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/p4-feedback/2009-April/001828.html
>
> Maybe it has been messed up again with RC1?
>
> Many thanks for help with this.
>
> Roger

> Roger Hyam <[hidden email]> { trite aphorism signature }

Re: OWLDoc Equivalent classes promoted to being direct children of Thing

Nick Drummond
I use the OWL API ToldClassHierarchyReasoner which doesn't match the
behaviour of p4.

Still looking

Nick