OWLViz not working properly

Dr. Kofi Nyamekye

Jennifer:

With reference to OWLViz plugin issue which the previous user raised, I have never got OWLViz to properly work.   Whenever I select the OWLViz tab, I get an error message. Below is the screen shot of the error message.

I checked for the  “DOT application” from Graphviz Website, but I could not find it. Any ideas about fixing this error?

Best Regards,

Kofi

Re: OWLViz not working properly

Jennifer Vendetti
Administrator
Hello Kofi,

On 10/15/2013 11:43 AM, Dr. Kofi Nyamekye wrote:

With reference to OWLViz plugin issue which the previous user raised, I have never got OWLViz to properly work.   Whenever I select the OWLViz tab, I get an error message. Below is the screen shot of the error message.

 I checked for the  “DOT application” from Graphviz Website, but I could not find it. Any ideas about fixing this error?

You need to install Graphviz itself.  This involves going to the Downloads section of the Graphviz website (http://www.graphviz.org/Download..php), and choosing the installer program that is appropriate for your platform.

The dot application is part of the Grahpviz installation.  For example, I installed Graphviz on my Windows machine, and the dot.exe file resides in the bin directory:

Once you've installed Graphviz, you need to open File | Preferences... | OWLViz in Protege, and make sure that the path to the dot application is set correctly:

Have you completed both of these steps?

Jennifer

Re: OWLViz not working properly

Dr. Kofi Nyamekye

Jennifer:

Thank you so much for the detailed steps.

Yes, I completed both steps just before I received your email. The OWLViz now works!

Again, thank you very much for your help!