Quantcast

OWLViz plugin download

Tom Cloyd
Greetings!

I'm finally plowing into the Horridge tutorial A Practical Guide To Building OWL Ontologies Using Protege  4 and CO-ODE Tools Edition 1.3.

On p. 9 one is advised to acquire the OWLViz plugin, and given a link to www.co-ode.org, but there I find no download.

Launching the ProtogeOwl editor I see tabs in the interface, one of which is OWLViz. It appears as if this plugin is already installed in the default installed version, along with some other plugins - DL Query, Ontograf, Ontology differences, SPARQL Query.

First, am I interpreting this correctly?

If so, as the supplied versions full versions of what was originally an addon?

Suggestion: maybe the tutorial could use an update?

Thanks for any help!

Tom

Re: OWLViz plugin download

Jennifer Vendetti
Administrator
Hi Tom,

On 4/5/2012 4:36 AM, Tom Cloyd wrote:
I'm finally plowing into the Horridge tutorial A Practical Guide To Building OWL Ontologies Using Protege  4 and CO-ODE Tools Edition 1.3.

On p. 9 one is advised to acquire the OWLViz plugin, and given a link to www.co-ode.org, but there I find no download.

Launching the ProtogeOwl editor I see tabs in the interface, one of which is OWLViz. It appears as if this plugin is already installed in the default installed version, along with some other plugins - DL Query, Ontograf, Ontology differences, SPARQL Query.

First, am I interpreting this correctly?

Yes, the OWLViz plug-in is now part of the default distribution.  There is no need to download it separately.

If so, as the supplied versions full versions of what was originally an addon?

Yes, it used to be a separate plug-in that you needed to download.  This is no longer the case as I mentioned above.

Suggestion: maybe the tutorial could use an update?

This tutorial was not written at Stanford, so we are unable to update it.  We try to have current documentation available on the Protege wiki.  On another note, Protege 4 questions should go to the Protege 4 mailing list:

Best,
Jennifer

Re: OWLViz plugin download

Tom Cloyd
On 04/05/2012 09:11 AM, Jennifer Vendetti wrote:
[...]

Thanks on all counts, especially the last, as I'd somehow not realized that there was a separate list for P-4.

Tom