OWLviz

12

OWLviz

Nada Bajnaid
Hello all,
I have installed the OWLviz plugin and when I make the "classify taxonomy" it seems that it works and I can see two frames for the asserted and inferred hierarchy but not in graphical representation. I also tried the add the OWLviz tab from project-->configure but no tab appears

Thanks
Nada

Re: OWLviz

riordan-2
Hello Nada

What versions of Protege, and Graphviz and you using and which OS?

Denis

> Hello all,
> I have installed the OWLviz plugin and when I make the "classify
> taxonomy" it seems that it works and I can see two frames for the asserted
> and inferred hierarchy but not in graphical representation. I also tried
> the add the OWLviz tab from project-->configure but no tab appears
>
> Thanks
> Nada

Re: OWLviz

mehtab
hi Nada,
            try to plug OWLVIZ with protege properly. did u set the path properly?
press owlviz tab. on the right hand side, u will see the option button. set the path, C:\ program files\ATT\Graphviz\bin\dot.exe. now u will see the graphical representation.

the other case could be like this. first, select the class from the hierarchy for which u want to see the graphical representation. then press owlviz tab, now u can see that.

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 4:52 AM, Nada Bajnaid <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all,
I have installed the OWLviz plugin and when I make the "classify taxonomy" it seems that it works and I can see two frames for the asserted and inferred hierarchy but not in graphical representation. I also tried the add the OWLviz tab from project-->configure but no tab appears

Thanks
Nada

Re: OWLviz

Nada Bajnaid
Hi Mehtab
  the problem is that there is no OWLviz tab on the screen eventhough when I make the classification no error message appears

Thanx

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 4:52 AM, Nada Bajnaid <nbajnaid@...> wrote:
Hello all,
I have installed the OWLviz plugin and when I make the "classify taxonomy" it seems that it works and I can see two frames for the asserted and inferred hierarchy but not in graphical representation. I also tried the add the OWLviz tab from project-->configure but no tab appears

Thanks
Nada

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Re: OWLviz

mehtab
Hi,
    Have u installed the owlviz properly? ok leave it, i m sending u another link, this link is about owl propviz. this software not only shows is-a relationship but also shows the other relationships, and disjoint classes also. have a look at this, i hope u will enjoy it.

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 1:29 AM, Nada Bajnaid <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mehtab
  the problem is that there is no OWLviz tab on the screen eventhough when I make the classification no error message appears

Thanx

Re: OWLviz

Nada Bajnaid
Hi
Thanks. I extract the files in the protege/plugins still have the same problem eventhough I changes the configuration to show the OWLViz tab still no tab appears and there for I can not see any grphical representation

Regards
Nada

Re: OWLviz

awatif Mubarak
Hi everyone,

Can any one tell me please, How can I install OWLviz as well as using it.

Many thanks,
Awatef

[...]

Share your memories online with anyone you want anyone you want.

Re: OWLviz

Laila Ibrahim

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/OWLViz

u can use this link to install owlviz, use it from its' tab in protege, u must download protege first.

[...]

check out the rest of the Windows Live™. More than mail–Windows Live™ goes way beyond your inbox. More than messages

Re: OWLviz

Nada Bajnaid
Hi Mehtab
    I had protege3.3.1 but I could not make it works. I installed protege4 and now I can see the OWLViz and OWLPrpoViz tabs but again the Dot error message appears and when I tried to correct the path by right click the OWLViz tab I couldn't and the message continue to appear.
What is the best version of  protege to install (so I uninstall the versions I have and start over)

Best Regards
Nada

Re: OWLviz

awatif Mubarak

I ahve installed protege and I do not know how to download owlviz and make it active in the toolbar.

Many thanks,
Awatef

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 18:20:12 +0300

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/OWLViz

u can use this link to install owlviz, use it from its' tab in protege, u must download protege first.

Re: OWLviz

Olivier Dameron
Hello

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 12:31:07 +0000, q8 Lady <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I ahve installed protege and I do not know how to download owlviz and
> make it active in the toolbar.

"Project" menu -> Configure -> tick the check box.

I think owl-related questions should go to the protege-owl mailing list.

cheers
olivier

Re: OWLviz

Nada Bajnaid
Ok thanks
  I re install protege 3.4.1 and the OWLViz and it works. I'm trying to install the OWLPropViz but still not working. Does it work with this version of protege?

Regards
Nada

Re: OWLviz

mehtab
hi NADA,
             i have used most of the versions, but currently i m using Protege 4.0 Alpha version. and i think it is the best. dot error message can be removed by setting the path correctly. there is an option button appears on the R.H.S when u click the owlviz tab. press that option button and set the path by providing dot file path correctly.

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 1:32 AM, Nada Bajnaid <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mehtab
    I had protege3.3.1 but I could not make it works. I installed protege4 and now I can see the OWLViz and OWLPrpoViz tabs but again the Dot error message appears and when I tried to correct the path by right click the OWLViz tab I couldn't and the message continue to appear.
What is the best version of  protege to install (so I uninstall the versions I have and start over)

Best Regards
Nada

Re: OWLviz

Nada Bajnaid
Hello Mehtab
 ya thanks. it works

Re: OWLviz

riordan-2
Hello Nada, Mehtab

I have also had difficulty with the OWLviz on Protege when using Vista. On
XP I have ad no difficulty at all. What OS are you using?

Denis

> Hello Mehtab
>  ya thanks. it works

Re: OWLviz

Nada Bajnaid
Hello
XP

I have also had difficulty with the OWLviz on Protege when using Vista. On
XP I have ad no difficulty at all. What OS are you using?

Denis

> Hello Mehtab
>  ya thanks. it works

Re: OWLviz

awatif Mubarak
Hi All,

I am working with owlviz but i am facing a problem with the relations is-a they seems not to apper as a tree only the parents and children.
Can any one help in this please.

Thanks,
Awatef

Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 15:07:19 -0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

Hello
XP

I have also had difficulty with the OWLviz on Protege when using Vista. On
XP I have ad no difficulty at all. What OS are you using?

Denis

> Hello Mehtab
>  ya thanks. it works

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 13:43:06 +0000, q8 Lady <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I am working with owlviz but i am facing a problem with the relations
> is-a they seems not to apper as a tree only the parents and children.
>
> Can any one help in this please.

This is what documentation is for.
http://protege.stanford.edu/wiki/
http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/OWLViz
http://www.co-ode.org/downloads/owlviz/
and most probably:
http://www.co-ode.org/downloads/owlviz/OWLVizGuide.pdf

Also, I think I mentionned in a previous post that owl-related questions
should be asked to the protege-owl mailing list. Thank you

olivier

Re: OWLviz

awatif Mubarak
Many thanks

> Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 16:00:38 +0200
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [protege-discussion] OWLviz
>
> Hello,
>
> On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 13:43:06 +0000, q8 Lady <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > I am working with owlviz but i am facing a problem with the relations
> > is-a they seems not to apper as a tree only the parents and children.
> >
> > Can any one help in this please.
>
> This is what documentation is for.
> http://protege.stanford.edu/wiki/
> http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/OWLViz
> http://www.co-ode.org/downloads/owlviz/
> and most probably:
> http://www.co-ode.org/downloads/owlviz/OWLVizGuide.pdf
>
> Also, I think I mentionned in a previous post that owl-related questions
> should be asked to the p rotege-owl mailing list. Thank you
>
> olivier

Re: OWLviz

awatif Mubarak
I went through all those links but it did not work out

Thanks

> Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 16:00:38 +0200
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [protege-discussion] OWLviz
>
> Hello,
>
> On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 13:43:06 +0000, q8 Lady <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > I am working with owlviz but i am facing a problem with the relations
> > is-a they seems not to apper as a tree only the parents and children.
> >
> > Can any one help in this please.
>
> This is what documentation is for.
> http://protege.stanford.edu/wiki/
> http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/OWLViz
> http://www.co-ode.org/downloads/owlviz/
> and most probably:
> http://www.co-ode.org/downloads/owlviz/OWLVizGuide.pdf
>
> Also, I think I mentionned in a previous post that owl-related questions
> should be asked to the proteg e-owl mailing list. Thank you
>
> olivier

12