OntoLT installation problem

rakesh shejwalkar
hi

I downloaded the lugin abd then placed the required folder into Protege3.1/plugins folder. Then i configured the Protege Properties file as per the instructions given  in instruction manual:
---------------------

You are required to modify the variables in the protégé properties file, which you should find under your Protégé installation root folder (for example c:\program files\protege3.x\protege.properties)

The property variable named "ontolt.corpus.folder" points to the folder where your Corpus folder is placed. For example you have a corpus in the directory "C:\OntoLT\data\xml", then the variable entry should look like:

ontolt.corpus.folder=C\:\\OntoLT\\data\\xml

Another property variable "ontolt.analysis.folder" points to the folder where your analyzer files (use in the statistical analysis step -- see the 'handout' document) are placed. This entry should look like the following:

ontolt.analysis.folder=C\:\\OntoLT\\data\\analyser

----------------------------

After doing this when i try to open up some project then the command prompt shows the message :

null
SEVERE: uncaught exception :Java.lang.noclassdef found error
at *******

could you kindly help me on thsi ..what i need to do for correct installation>?

regards,

Rakesh

 Stay connected with your friends even when away from PC.  Link: http://in.mobile.yahoo.com/new/messenger/

Re: OntoLT installation problem

Jennifer Vendetti-2

Rakesh,

I installed the OntoLT plug-in with Protege 3.2 beta and it is working
fine.  Make sure that you have:

1).  Placed the OntoLT.jar file in the
<protege_install_dir>/plugins/de.dfki.ontolt folder.
2).  Updated your protege.properties file (located in the root of the
Protege installation directory) with the correct name value pairs for
"ontolt.corpus.folder" and "ontolt.analysis.folder".  These variables
should point to the location where you unzipped the OntoLT files on your
local machine.

Jennifer

rakesh shejwalkar wrote:

>hi
>
>I downloaded the lugin abd then placed the required folder into Protege3.1/plugins folder. Then i configured the Protege Properties file as per the instructions given  in instruction manual:
>---------------------
>
>You are required to modify the variables in the protégé properties file, which you should find under your Protégé installation root folder (for example c:\program files\protege3.x\protege.properties)
>
>The property variable named "ontolt.corpus.folder" points to the folder where your Corpus folder is placed. For example you have a corpus in the directory "C:\OntoLT\data\xml", then the variable entry should look like:
>
>ontolt.corpus.folder=C\:\\OntoLT\\data\\xml
>
>Another property variable "ontolt.analysis.folder" points to the folder where your analyzer files (use in the statistical analysis step -- see the 'handout' document) are placed. This entry should look like the following:
>
>ontolt.analysis.folder=C\:\\OntoLT\\data\\analyser
>
>----------------------------
>
>After doing this when i try to open up some project then the command prompt shows the message :
>
>null
>SEVERE: uncaught exception :Java.lang.noclassdef found error
>at *******
>

>could you kindly help me on thsi ..what i need to do for correct installation>?
>

>regards,
>
>Rakesh

> Stay connected with your friends even when away from PC.  Link: http://in.mobile.yahoo.com/new/messenger/

Re: OntoLT installation problem

Tania Tudorache

This seems like an incompatibility between the plugin version and
Protege version. Please send us the whole stack trace from the console.

It might be that the plugin was compiled with Protege 3.0. In this case,
you should try it with Protege 3.0.

Tania

rakesh shejwalkar wrote:

>hi
>
>I downloaded the lugin abd then placed the required folder into Protege3.1/plugins folder. Then i configured the Protege Properties file as per the instructions given  in instruction manual:
>---------------------
>
>You are required to modify the variables in the protégé properties file, which you should find under your Protégé installation root folder (for example c:\program files\protege3.x\protege.properties)
>
>The property variable named "ontolt.corpus.folder" points to the folder where your Corpus folder is placed. For example you have a corpus in the directory "C:\OntoLT\data\xml", then the variable entry should look like:
>
>ontolt.corpus.folder=C\:\\OntoLT\\data\\xml
>
>Another property variable "ontolt.analysis.folder" points to the folder where your analyzer files (use in the statistical analysis step -- see the 'handout' document) are placed. This entry should look like the following:
>
>ontolt.analysis.folder=C\:\\OntoLT\\data\\analyser
>
>----------------------------
>
>After doing this when i try to open up some project then the command prompt shows the message :
>
>null
>SEVERE: uncaught exception :Java.lang.noclassdef found error
>at *******
>

>could you kindly help me on thsi ..what i need to do for correct installation>?
>

>regards,
>
>Rakesh

> Stay connected with your friends even when away from PC.  Link: http://in.mobile.yahoo.com/new/messenger/

Re: OntoLT installation problem

rakesh shejwalkar
Thanks Tania,

Actually that was a blunder on my part, in the configuration file for Protege Properties double back slashes ["ontolt.corpus.folder=C\:\\OntoLT\\data\\xml"]

had to be used, I used one only n some how it took me time to correct this blunder..

Thank you

regards,

Rakesh