OntoViz Tab

G. Jabbour
Hi, I Have added the path as you suggested but still getting the same
error.  Are there any other places where I need to make a change?  Please
see history below. I have three protege.properties files in my Protege
folder...Is this normal? Thanks.  Gus

It looks like you are missing the dot executable on the end of your
path.  It should read:
dot.command=C\:\\Program\ Files\\ATT\\Graphviz\\bin\\dot

when I try to create a graph by clicking the Create Graph button I get this
in the protege.exe command window:

>java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at dfki.protege.ontoviz_tab.ExportDot.isSystem(Unknown Source)
This exception is thrown when the Ontoviz tab can't find your Graphviz
installation.  Please modify your path as I suggested above.

Jennifer

Here is the error:

Starting Wizards v1.0 beta build 05 ...
INFO: Load time for
file:\C:\Program%20Files\Protege_3.1\KnowledgeSnippet.pprj =
 3 sec (project) + 6 sec (ui)
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at dfki.protege.ontoviz_tab.ExportDot.isSystem(Unknown Source)
        at dfki.protege.ontoviz_tab.ExportDot.generateClosures(Unknown
Source)
        at dfki.protege.ontoviz_tab.ExportDot.export (Unknown Source)
        at dfki.protege.ontoviz_tab.OntovizTab$9.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)

        at javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed
(Unknow
n Source)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed (Unknown
Source)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown
Sour
ce)
        at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased (Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent (Unknown
Source)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl (Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown
Source)

        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
Source)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program
Files\Protege_3.1\KnowledgeSnippet.dot
 (The system cannot find the file specified)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.open (Native Method)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at dfki.protege.ontoviz_tab.OntovizTab$9.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)

        at javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed
(Unknow
n Source)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed (Unknown
Source)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown
Sour
ce)
        at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased (Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent (Unknown
Source)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl (Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown
Source)

Re: OntoViz Tab

Tania Tudorache

You don't need to add the dot.command, if you installed GraphViz in the
default location.

So, first try: remove the line from the properties file. See if this
works. If no, then
Second try: copy-and-paste the following line into your protege.properties:

dot.commamnd=C\:\\Program Files\\ATT\\GraphViz\\bin\\Dot

I've seen that you also have OWLViz installed. Does it work? Because it
uses also GraphViz library.

Tania