Ontograf doesn't work with joined ontologies

Ontograf doesn't work with joined ontologies

ania_david_1987_poland
Hello everyone,

Thanks for giving us free version of Protege

I have a problem using OntoGraf with joined ontologies.

this is a replication of my problem
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6rr3xwb196mxab1/StackoverflowMinimumExample.zip

In that folder there are three ontologies:

first.ttl is an ontology with one class and one instances
second.ttl is an ontology with one class
third.ttl is an ontology that imports the other two ontologies, in the third.ttl ontology, i make the class of the first.ttl ontology as a sub class of the second.ttl ontology

my problem is that using OntoGraf tab in protege, i can't see the instances of the class in the first ontology. i can only see the instances of the third ontology.

i tried Protege-5.0.0-beta-24, Protege-5.0.0-beta-24, Protege-5.0.0-beta-23, Protege-5.0.0-beta-21 on my mac pro that is running over OS X EI Capitan version 10.11.1

my java -version is:

java version "1.8.0_91"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.91-b14, mixed mode)

I need your help and i am thankful to the support

Ania

Re: Ontograf doesn't work with joined ontologies

Josef Hardi
Hi Ania,

I had the opposite result. I could see the instance ‘bolero’ from the first ontology but it didn’t show in the third joined ontology.
I think this is a bug because if you select the icon menu ‘Node Types’ and ‘Arc Types’ (next to the zoom navigation), you can see that actually it has the ‘has individual’ arc but no node type for it.

I’ve submitted a bug ticket for you for us to investigate further.

Cheers,
/Josef

On May 5, 2016, at 3:55 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

[...]

that's my situation too, it is not the opposite, i can see bolero in the first one, but not the third (joined one)

so it is a bug, do you know when will they fix it ?

5. May 2016 16:44 by [hidden email]: