Ontoling with Dict Inteface

Ferchu
Hi to everybody!!

I need to traslate my industrial ontology (.pprj) in different languages
(english, french, spanish,...) because we need reuse the knowledge in all
the factories in the world.

To do it, we are thinking in use the Ontoling with the Dict Interface
(because we write the ontology in french and we can not use the Wordnet),
but there is not traslation  FRENCH TO SPANISH, FRENCH TO ENGLISH, and so
on..and another problem consits in the necesity to use our steel
dictionaries but we don´t know how

What can i do?, How can i use it?...

thank you very much...

Ferchu

Re: Ontoling with Dict Inteface

starred

Hi Ferchu,

I just got a look at the dict official site (www.dict.org) and, following some links, got to a long list of available dictionaries which seem to comprehend also those you're looking for. The direct link is:

ftp://ftp.dict.org/pub/dict/pre/www.freedict.de/20050319/

As usual, the problem is the quality of the dictionaries. DICT dictionaries are not WordNet :-) Some dictionaries contain a lot of definitions, some others do not...

Regarding your specific dictionaries (sorry, don't know what a "steel dictionary" is), it is very easy to build new linguistic interfaces and add them to Ontoling. You just need to implement the LinguisticWatermark packages of abstract classes and interfaces. You need only to implement those interfaces which suit your typology of dictionary. Ontoling is adaptive, and will show the proper GUI (and related functionalities) according to the description of your dictionary.

If you have problems in doing that, you can also send us (if possible and if you want, obviously) the dictionary and we could build an interface for it. If the dictionary is freely available, it would be great to add the newly developed interface to the Ontoling repository.

Cheers,

Armando

Ing. Armando Stellato
AI Research Group,
Dept. of Computer Science, Systems and Production
University of Roma, Tor Vergata
Via del Politecnico 1 00133 ROMA (ITALY)
tel: +39 06 7259 7334 (office);
     +39 06 7259 7332 (lab)
fax: +39 06 7259 7460
e_mail: [hidden email]

Jan Scheffczyk

Ferchu,

you might want to have a look at the FrameNet project:

http://framenet.icsi.berkeley.edu/

Besides the English FrameNet, there are variants in Spanish, German, and
Japanese.
Since FrameNet models the predicate-argument structure and has lots of
annotated examples, it should be well usable for multilingual matters.

If you are interested just let us know.

Cheers,
Jan

Ferchu wrote:

> Hi to everybody!!
>
> I need to traslate my industrial ontology (.pprj) in different languages
> (english, french, spanish,...) because we need reuse the knowledge in all
> the factories in the world.
>
> To do it, we are thinking in use the Ontoling with the Dict Interface
> (because we write the ontology in french and we can not use the Wordnet),
> but there is not traslation  FRENCH TO SPANISH, FRENCH TO ENGLISH, and so
> on..and another problem consits in the necesity to use our steel
> dictionaries but we don´t know how
>
> What can i do?, How can i use it?...
>
> thank you very much...
>
> Ferchu

Dr. Jan Scheffczyk
Berkeley, California, 94704
Phone: +1 (510) 666 2915
Email: [hidden email] [hidden email]
WWW:   http://www.icsi.berkeley.edu/~jan/

Sparql again

Klaus Schaefers
Hi,

I'm sorry I have to ask agin something about SPARQL...

I have attached an ontology. It contains persons and knowledge and describes
the relation ship between the persons and knowledge. The predicate "owns"
means that a person x own the knowledge y. Here is a working query:
<predicates ...>
SELECT ?subject ?o
WHERE { ?subject :owns ?o}

This will return person with knowledge and the knowledge. So far so good.
But how do I query for the owner of knowledge_1?  I have tried something
like
<predicates ...>
SELECT ?subject ?o
WHERE { ?subject :owns "knowledge_1"}

But it didn't work. After looking to the source code I thought some query
like

SELECT ?subject ?o
WHERE { ?subject :owns ?o .
  ?o rdf:ID "knowledge_2"
  }

But it also didn't work. But I didn't get any results.

Has anyone an idea? Or does someone know a sparql mailing list?

Thanks a lot.

Klaus

-- Type: application/octet-stream
-- Size: 3k (4067 bytes)

Re: Sparql again

Hai Wang

HI Klaus,
  Maybe you could try

SELECT *
WHERE { ?subject :owns :Knowledge1}

Regards
Hai

On 28 Jan 2006, at 17:58, Klaus wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm sorry I have to ask agin something about SPARQL...
>
> I have attached an ontology. It contains persons and knowledge and
> describes
> the relation ship between the persons and knowledge. The predicate
> "owns"
> means that a person x own the knowledge y. Here is a working query:
> <predicates ...>
> SELECT ?subject ?o
> WHERE { ?subject :owns ?o}
>
> This will return person with knowledge and the knowledge. So far so
> good.
> But how do I query for the owner of knowledge_1?  I have tried
> something
> like
> <predicates ...>
> SELECT ?subject ?o
> WHERE { ?subject :owns "knowledge_1"}
>
> But it didn't work. After looking to the source code I thought some
> query
> like
>
> SELECT ?subject ?o
> WHERE { ?subject :owns ?o .
>   ?o rdf:ID "knowledge_2"
>   }
>
> But it also didn't work. But I didn't get any results.
>
> Has anyone an idea? Or does someone know a sparql mailing list?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Klaus
>

> -- Attached file removed by Ecartis and put at URL below --
> -- Type: application/octet-stream
> -- Size: 3k (4067 bytes)

> subscribe.html

Regards
Hai

Research Associate
Department of Computer Science
Kilburn Building
University of Manchester
Oxford Road
Manchester M13 9PL
UK
Homepage: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~hwang

Re: Sparql again

Asad Bajwa

Hello Hai,

What does :owns :Knowledge1 stand for ?? This should be one property of
your ontology. I have another question. If i want to use owl:sameValueAs
in order to know which classes have the same value, i need to import the
prefix of the owl. but the statement

PREFIX owl: <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl>
select * FROM <....> WHERE {?s owl:sameValueAs ?o} didnt work.

Hai Wang schrieb:

> HI Klaus,
>   Maybe you could try
>
> SELECT *
> WHERE { ?subject :owns :Knowledge1}
>

> Regards
> Hai
>

> On 28 Jan 2006, at 17:58, Klaus wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm sorry I have to ask agin something about SPARQL...
>>
>> I have attached an ontology. It contains persons and knowledge and
>> describes
>> the relation ship between the persons and knowledge. The predicate
>> "owns"
>> means that a person x own the knowledge y. Here is a working query:
>> <predicates ...>
>> SELECT ?subject ?o
>> WHERE { ?subject :owns ?o}
>>
>> This will return person with knowledge and the knowledge. So far so
>> good.
>> But how do I query for the owner of knowledge_1?  I have tried
>> something
>> like
>> <predicates ...>
>> SELECT ?subject ?o
>> WHERE { ?subject :owns "knowledge_1"}
>>
>> But it didn't work. After looking to the source code I thought some
>> query
>> like
>>
>> SELECT ?subject ?o
>> WHERE { ?subject :owns ?o .
>>   ?o rdf:ID "knowledge_2"
>>   }
>>
>> But it also didn't work. But I didn't get any results.
>>
>> Has anyone an idea? Or does someone know a sparql mailing list?
>>
>> Thanks a lot.
>>
>> Klaus
>>

>> -- Attached file removed by Ecartis and put at URL below --
>> -- Type: application/octet-stream
>> -- Size: 3k (4067 bytes)

>> subscribe.html
>>

> Regards
> Hai
>

> Research Associate
> Department of Computer Science
> Kilburn Building
> University of Manchester
> Oxford Road
> Manchester M13 9PL
> UK
> Homepage: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~hwang

Re: Sparql again

Hai Wang

Hi Klaus,

I assumed that "owns" was the owl property name and "Knowledge1" was
the OWL class name used in the problem you had last time.

I do not think that in OWL ref, there is a constructor as
owl:sameValueAS.  If you are referring to owl:sameAs,  you could try
this.

PREFIX owl: <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#>
select ?s ?o WHERE {?s owl:sameAs ?o}

Regards