Ontologies on Image Processing... any idea!

Ontologies on Image Processing... any idea!

Raj M Verma
hi list,

does any one have any information about Ontologies being used on data related to image processing??

thanx,
Raj.

Re: Ontologies on Image Processing... any idea!

Alan R Williams
Raj M Verma wrote:
> hi list,
>
> does any one have any information about Ontologies being used on data
> related to image processing??

I've got a draft, OK very drafty, ontology of the content of DICOM datasets.

> thanx,
> Raj.

Alan

Re: Ontologies on Image Processing... any idea!

Raj M Verma
hi Alan,

that's great... Actually, I wanted to have specific info regarding ontologies on medical images(DICOM in specific), but before that I just wanted to know/check whether there is any active research going on regarding the Ontologies on image processing data... may be you cud help us show some directions...

cud you provide me some specific literature (non-confidential ofcourse ;) ) about Ontologies on DICOM datasets? we want to, in the future, integrate our other ontologies(based on surgical text data) with image data... so your initial inputs would be a real great help...

thanx a lot,
Raj

RE : Re: Ontologies on Image Processing... any idea!

POPESCU Adrian 211643 Thésard

You might be interested by some of the articles on this page:

http://www-sop.inria.fr/orion/Publications/index.html

Adrian

that's great... Actually, I wanted to have specific info regarding ontologies on medical images(DICOM in specific), but before that I just wanted to know/check whether there is any active research going on regarding the Ontologies on image processing data... may be you cud help us show some directions...

cud you provide me some specific literature (non-confidential ofcourse ;) ) about Ontologies on DICOM datasets? we want to, in the future, integrate our other ontologies(based on surgical text data) with image data... so your initial inputs would be a real great help...

thanx a lot,
Raj

Re: Ontologies on Image Processing... any idea!

Carver, Steve CIV SPAWARSYSCEN Charleston
All,

I need some help here. What would you say are the best uses or reasons of creating an Ontology. What are their best uses. How could an organization benefit from using an Ontology.

/R

Steve

[protege-owl] Re: Ontologies on Image Processing... any idea!

Doug Holmes
Steve,
You could, for example, read Natasha's Ontology Development 101 which can be found under "Tutorials" at http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/users.html ; you can also find good references at the CO-ODE site http://www.co-ode.org and Mindswap at http://www.mindswap.org/papers/ .  There's a hand slide show that explains the "business case" at http:// web-service.gov/Davis.pdf  and of course, there's always Google and, don't forget Swoogle at http://swoogle.umbc.edu
Lots to choose from...
Doug

On Feb 1, 2006, at 1:25 PM, Carver, Steve CIV SPAWARSYSCEN Charleston wrote:

[...]

Raj

[protege-owl] Re: Ontologies on Image Processing... any idea!

Nick Drummond
Raj,

I know that the AKT MIAKT project [1] used ontologies to describe
mammography results.
Not sure of the details, but worth a look.

Nick

[1] http://www.aktors.org/miakt/

--

Nick Drummond

[protege-owl] Re: Ontologies on Image Processing... any idea!

Raj M Verma
hi Nick,

I already tried this... I cudn't access the Breast Cancer Imaging Ontology (BCIO), as it seems that I have to be a registered member... ntl, I cud download some very informative papers from this link...

thanq,
Raj.

Christine Golbreich wrote:
> Hi Alan
>
> is it [my ontology of DICOM] publicly available ?
>
> Christine

It should be after Tuesday.  I need to sort out the (non-)copyright notice.

Alan

[protege-owl] Re: Ontologies on Image Processing... any idea!

Nick Drummond
I'd try contacting them directly - AKTors are friendly enough. They may
be able to give you access.

Nick

--

Nick Drummond