Ontology Evaluation

Onyekachi

Hello All,

I am currently rounding up a PhD in Loughborough University and would like to ask you if you can assist me in evaluating an ontology I have developed which is focussed on the Management of Risks Associated with Evolution in E-Government.

I am happy  to provide more details on this piece of research.

Many thanks

Onyekachi Onwudike
PhD Researcher
Department of Computer Science
Loughborough University

Onyekachi Onwudike
PhD Researcher
Department of Computer Science
Loughborough University

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Ontology Evaluation

Aparna Lalingkar
Hi Onyekachi,

Please refer to this paper. There is a method of evaluation of ontology.

I hope this helps.

best wishes,

Aparna

On 18-Jan-2018 10:33 AM, "Onyekachi Onwudike" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello All,

I am currently rounding up a PhD in Loughborough University and would like to ask you if you can assist me in evaluating an ontology I have developed which is focussed on the Management of Risks Associated with Evolution in E-Government.

I am happy  to provide more details on this piece of research.

Many thanks

Onyekachi Onwudike
PhD Researcher
Department of Computer Science
Loughborough University

Onyekachi Onwudike
PhD Researcher
Department of Computer Science
Loughborough University

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Ontology Evaluation

María Poveda-2

  there are many different approaches and goals to evaluate ontologies. In http://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783642247934 chapter "Ontology (network) Evaluation" you have a great review and guidelines.

Regarding ontology evaluation based on patterns you can use OOPS! http://oops.linkeddata.es/ if your ontology is implemented in OWL. If you have any problem with this system you can contact me. Note that it won't be able to find some issues, so the best thing is to combine several techniques and approaches. OOPS! does not do any reasoning, so checking consistency and that there are no unexpected inferences with a reasoner would also be advisable.

Regarding things OOPS can spot and design decisions you have more information here: http://oa.upm.es/39448/

Best,

María

On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 6:01 AM, Onyekachi Onwudike <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello All,

I am currently rounding up a PhD in Loughborough University and would like to ask you if you can assist me in evaluating an ontology I have developed which is focussed on the Management of Risks Associated with Evolution in E-Government.

I am happy  to provide more details on this piece of research.

Many thanks

Onyekachi Onwudike
PhD Researcher
Department of Computer Science
Loughborough University

Onyekachi Onwudike
PhD Researcher
Department of Computer Science
Loughborough University

Sent from my iPhone

María Poveda Villalón, PhD

Ontology Engineering Group (OEG)
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
Madrid, Spain

Re: Ontology Evaluation

Onyekachi

Thank you so much Maria.

I am looking through them at the moment.

Many thanks

Onyekachi Onwudike
PhD Researcher
Department of Computer Science
Loughborough University

Re: Ontology Evaluation

sanju tiwari
Dear Onyekachi
you can also read these paper for evaluation.

On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 3:34 AM, Onyekachi Onwudike <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Regards
Sanju Mishra Tiwari
Research Associate
Department of Computer Applications
National Institute of Technology
Kurukshetra

2010 Denny.pdf (13M) Download Attachment
2014.pdf (541K) Download Attachment

Re: Ontology Evaluation

Biswanath Dutta

IMO, ontology evaluation is a really a complex and time-consuming task. Different researchers peached different ways and techniques of ontology evaluation (manual, semi-automatic, etc.).

In our previous works, we have shown two different ways of evaluation, manual and feature-based evaluation (set-based).

You may refer the work here:

Besides this, there is also a very famous work (manual approach) called OntoClean by Guarino and Welty. See here:

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Biswanath

Hello,