Ontop Initialization Error

Jos Lehmann-2
Hi there

I'm trying to use Ontop Materialize function but it creates an empty ontology.

I'm not sure whether the failure has to do with not having started the Ontop reasoner, which I have not.

So I then try to, but I get an Intialization Error:

"Error during reasoner initialization: org.semanticweb.owlapi.reasoner.ReasonerInternalException:it.unibz.inf.ontop.model.OBDAException: java.lang.Execption: No datasource has been defined. Virtual ABox mode requires exactly 1 data source in your OBDA model."

The ontop plugin is in my Protege/plugin directory.
Is there any settings I should take care of from Protege or form elsewhere?

Thanks, Jos

Re: Ontop Initialization Error

Josef Hardi
The mistake is written in the error message: do you have a database connected to the plugin?

/Josef

> On May 18, 2018, at 7:56 AM, Jos Lehmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi there
>
> I'm trying to use Ontop Materialize function but it creates an empty ontology.
>
> I'm not sure whether the failure has to do with not having started the Ontop reasoner, which I have not.
>
> So I then try to, but I get an Intialization Error:
>
> "Error during reasoner initialization: org.semanticweb.owlapi.reasoner.ReasonerInternalException:it.unibz.inf.ontop.model.OBDAException: java.lang.Execption: No datasource has been defined. Virtual ABox mode requires exactly 1 data source in your OBDA model."
>
> The ontop plugin is in my Protege/plugin directory.
> Is there any settings I should take care of from Protege or form elsewhere?
>
> Thanks, Jos

Re: Ontop Initialization Error

Jos Lehmann-2
Hi Josef

I see now what the name Ontop is meant to suggest. No, I have no DB connected to the plugin. I thought materalize would reify the ontology.

Perhaps I should look into the Ontop documentation first. Suggestions for gentle introductions welcome.

Thanks, Jos.

The mistake is written in the error message: do you have a database connected to the plugin?

/Josef

> On May 18, 2018, at 7:56 AM, Jos Lehmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi there
>
> I'm trying to use Ontop Materialize function but it creates an empty ontology.
>
> I'm not sure whether the failure has to do with not having started the Ontop reasoner, which I have not.
>
> So I then try to, but I get an Intialization Error:
>
> "Error during reasoner initialization: org.semanticweb.owlapi.reasoner.ReasonerInternalException:it.unibz.inf.ontop.model.OBDAException: java.lang.Execption: No datasource has been defined. Virtual ABox mode requires exactly 1 data source in your OBDA model."
>
> The ontop plugin is in my Protege/plugin directory.
> Is there any settings I should take care of from Protege or form elsewhere?
>
> Thanks, Jos

Re: Ontop Initialization Error

Josef Hardi
Hi Jos,