Open RDF and RDF Schema

Devi-3

Hi All

I newbie in Protege, I wish to enquire:

1.How to opening to open RDF file and RDF Schema (meta data) use
Protege?
2.How to Design a RDF and RDFS?
3.Do is always started made new project at protege?
4.what difference RDF, RDFs, OWL
5.How to from a Project become Search Engine on Browser?

--devi munandar
Research Center for Informatic
Indonesian Institute Of Sciences

Re: Open RDF and RDF Schema

Tania Tudorache
See my answers below.

Tania

Devi wrote:

> 1.How to opening to open RDF file and RDF Schema (meta data) use
> Protege?

You may look here:
http://www.co-ode.org/resources/reference/getting_started/
You can create/open an RDF(S) file in the same manner as an OWL file.
First you would have to create a project from existing sources and the
next time you can just open the project file (with file extension pprj).

> 2.How to Design a RDF and RDFS?

You could read some introductory papers about RDF(S). You may start
here: http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-primer/
Also, you find many resources on http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/

If you are familiar with OO programming, you can look here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/NOTE-sw-oosd-primer-20060309/

> 3.Do is always started made new project at protege?

No. If you already created the rdf(s) project, the second time you can
just open the rdf(s) project, you don't have to recreate it.

> 4.what difference RDF, RDFs, OWL

Probably there are papers describing the differences and how the
languages are layered one on top of the other.
A comparison between the different owl profiles, you find here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-features/

You may look also here for an introduction to Semantic Web, RDF(S) and
OWL: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~horrocks/ISWC2003/Tutorial/

> 5.How to from a Project become Search Engine on Browser?

I would search the protege project wiki to see how others have
implemented semantic search. I am sure you can find also great papers
related to semantic search. I remember last year at the conference we
had a poster related to this topic.
(http://protege.stanford.edu/conference/2005/submissions/demos/demo-fernandez.pdf)