Opencyc Knowledgebase loading problem

kalyanben
Hi all,

i am trying to load opencyc-latest.owl file (which i downloaded from opencyc website) but i am getting an error saying that GC overhead limit exceeded. any suggestions on how to remove the error

The things i tried are:

1. i have increased the heap size to almost 5GB
2.i have added the "-XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit" into the protege.bat file

Re: Opencyc Knowledgebase loading problem

Rafael Gonçalves
Hi,

Looks like Protege needs more memory to load the file. I was able to load opencyc-latest.owl with Protege 5 by increasing heap space to 8GB (it’s using about 7.3GB on my machine).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rafael