Opening a new ontology in the same frame no longer closes the old ontology

Opening a new ontology in the same frame no longer closes the old ontology

Rinke Hoekstra-4
Hi,

I just noticed that after loading/editing an ontology and creating a
new one (or loading another one) in the *same* frame, no longer closes
the previously opened ontology: you can still select it in the pull
down menu.

I'm not exactly sure whether I like this behaviour (I'd rather have P4
close the old ontology), but if this is intentional/designed then I
would expect a menu option to close a specific ontology. Currently you
can only close *all* ontologies.

Cheers,

        Rinke

Drs. Rinke Hoekstra

Email: [hidden email]    Skype:  rinkehoekstra
Phone: +31-20-5253499     Fax:   +31-20-5253495
Web:   http://www.leibnizcenter.org/users/rinke

Leibniz Center for Law,          Faculty of Law
University of Amsterdam,            PO Box 1030
1000 BA  Amsterdam,             The Netherlands

Re: Opening a new ontology in the same frame no longer closes the old ontology

Nick Drummond
Hi Rinke,

This is intentional - otherwise the only way to edit or view a couple of ontologies together was for one of them to import the other.
Many applications allow you to open multiple documents at the same time, so this gives the most flexibility.

But, being able to close individual ontologies (rather than all open in the workspace) should be allowed - we've got a bug in for this.

Nick