Order of rdfs:subClassOf in rdf file

dreece
I created an ontology in Protege and have a class with a number of
properties. In the output RDF file, these properties show up in
rdfs:subClassOf sections in the owl:Class definition. I have noticed that
while the order of the properties in the Protege display is always in
alphabetical order, the order of the subClassOf sections in the RDF file
depends partly on the cardinality qualifiers.
Can someone tell me what the ordering rule is for this output?
And why they are not output in the same, alphabetical order?

Thanks

Re: Order of rdfs:subClassOf in rdf file

samsontu

On May 14, 2020, at 2:43 PM, dreece <[hidden email]> wrote:

I created an ontology in Protege and have a class with a number of
properties. In the output RDF file, these properties show up in
rdfs:subClassOf sections in the owl:Class definition. I have noticed that
while the order of the properties in the Protege display is always in
alphabetical order, the order of the subClassOf sections in the RDF file
depends partly on the cardinality qualifiers.
Can someone tell me what the ordering rule is for this output?
And why they are not output in the same, alphabetical order?

Protege uses the OWL API to serialize ontologies to files. The ordering of subClassOf sections in the RDF file is controlled by the OWL API. Ask questions about OWL API at its own mailing list: [hidden email].

With best regards,
Samson