Owl viz freezes application revisited

Henk Matthezing

Dear everyone

I saw the e-mail on this topic and Jennifer’ s answer of the fix.

However if I choose file > preferences > plugins and then search for updates I receive the message that no updates are available.

So my P4 instance stays frost bitten when hitting the Owl-viz tab ;-)

Can this fixed version be put on the plugins wiki page for download (I have downloaded the build 18 version)

TIA for helping me out

Kind regards

Henk

Henk Matthezing

Koninklijke Bibliotheek / National Library of the Netherlands

Research & Development – PLANETS

POB 90407 – 2509 LK Den Haag / The Hague – The Netherlands

Phone: +31 70 31 40 248 – Mobile: +31 6 12 46 17 55

[hidden email]  –  http://www.kb.nl

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/henkmatthezing

Re: Owl viz freezes application revisited

Jennifer Vendetti
Administrator
If you delete the OWLViz JAR file from your plugins directory (plugins/org.coode.owlviz.jar) and restart Protege, when you search for updates it will appear.

Alternatively, the download location for the newest version is here:

http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/protege4/org.coode.owlviz.jar

Jennifer

Henk Matthezing wrote:

[...]

Hi Jennifer

Thanks, I downloaded the jar file from your URL, works perfectly, now.

Automatic update (switched on) at start up does nothing
Manual update via file > preferences > plugins 'check for updates now' button results in the same message: No updates available at this time
Same for the 'check for downloads now' button.

My problem is solved, but maybe someone could have look at this update feature.

Kind regards
Henk Matthezing

Henk Matthezing wrote:

        Dear everyone

        I saw the e-mail on this topic and Jennifer' s answer of the fix.

        However if I choose file > preferences > plugins and then search for updates I receive the message that no updates are available.

        So my P4 instance stays frost bitten when hitting the Owl-viz tab ;-)

        Can this fixed version be put on the plugins wiki page for download (I have downloaded the build 18 version)

        TIA for helping me out

        Kind regards

        Henk

        Henk Matthezing

        Koninklijke Bibliotheek / National Library of the Netherlands

        Research & Development - PLANETS

        POB 90407 - 2509 LK Den Haag / The Hague - The Netherlands

        Phone: +31 70 31 40 248 - Mobile: +31 6 12 46 17 55

        [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>   -  http://www.kb.nl <http://www.kb.nl/>

        LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/henkmatthezing

winmail.dat (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Owl viz freezes application revisited

Nick Drummond
Auto update will work fine - its just because OWLViz is normally
bundled with p4 so this was a "leaked release" and therefore didn't
have the setup required for p4 to find the update.

Nick