Owl2 and owl namesspaces

John Goodwin
Hi,

I was just looking at my OWL file and I found

        <rdf:type rdf:resource="&owl;AllDisjointClasses"/>

Shouldn't this read:

        <rdf:type rdf:resource="&owl2;AllDisjointClasses"/>

Given the two namespaces:

    <!ENTITY owl "http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#" >
    <!ENTITY owl2 "http://www.w3.org/2006/12/owl2#" >

John
.

This email is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person.

Unless stated otherwise, the contents of this email are personal to the writer and do not represent the official view of Ordnance Survey. Nor can any contract be formed on Ordnance Survey's behalf via email. We reserve the right to monitor emails and attachments without prior notice.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ordnance Survey
Romsey Road
Southampton SO16 4GU
Tel: 08456 050505
http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk

Re: Owl2 and owl namesspaces

Rinke Hoekstra-4
Hi John,

No, the owl2 namespace must be an artefact as all new constructs will
be added to the original OWL namespace:

http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#

(see the specification at [1])

Cheers,

        Rinke

[1] http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Syntax#URIs_and_Namespaces

On 14 okt 2008, at 14:37, John Goodwin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was just looking at my OWL file and I found
>
>        <rdf:type rdf:resource="&owl;AllDisjointClasses"/>
>
> Shouldn't this read:
>
>        <rdf:type rdf:resource="&owl2;AllDisjointClasses"/>
>
> Given the two namespaces:
>

>    <!ENTITY owl "http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#" >
>    <!ENTITY owl2 "http://www.w3.org/2006/12/owl2#" >
>
> John
> .
>

> This email is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed
> email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email which
> must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person.
>
> Unless stated otherwise, the contents of this email are personal to
> the writer and do not represent the official view of Ordnance
> Survey. Nor can any contract be formed on Ordnance Survey's behalf
> via email. We reserve the right to monitor emails and attachments
> without prior notice.
>
> Thank you for your cooperation.
>
> Ordnance Survey
> Romsey Road
> Southampton SO16 4GU
> Tel: 08456 050505
> http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk

Drs. Rinke Hoekstra

Email: [hidden email]    Skype:  rinkehoekstra
Phone: +31-20-5253499     Fax:   +31-20-5253495
Web:   http://www.leibnizcenter.org/users/rinke

Leibniz Center for Law,          Faculty of Law
University of Amsterdam,            PO Box 1030
1000 BA  Amsterdam,             The Netherlands

Re: Owl2 and owl namesspaces

Bijan Parsia-3
This harmonization of namespaces is a fairly recent event, thus
probably hasn't filtered down into all the tools.

Unfortunately, the standard is still in flux, so there are or can be
early adopter issues.

I imagine that we can have a batch tool to update all ontologies to
the final OWL 2 spec.

Cheers,
Bijan.

Re: Owl2 and owl namesspaces

John Goodwin
Hi Rinke,

Must be one of these early adopter problems Bijan mentioned...and I'm not probably no helping myself by using both Protégé 3 and 4 (need SWRL) for my ontology.

Cheers,

John