Owlviz and properties etc

John Chrysakis-2
Hello,

Can I visualize the properties of an owl ontology using Owlviz (or  another  tool)?

I have not find a way to create a graph which depicts the properties between the classes
of my  ontology...
Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance!

Re: Owlviz and properties etc

Lutz Wachsmann
Hello John,

i don't know if it is helpful for you, but there will be an P4-plugin to
visualize class (is-a, disjoint-with, equivalent-to) and property (the
object properties in your ontology) relations.
But it is, as mentioned before, a plugin for P4 and i have to get in
contact with Timothy soon. I need two more weeks, and the
P4-feedback-list would be the better place to watch out for it.

Cheers,
Lutz

John Chrysakis schrieb:

> Hello,
>
> Can I visualize the properties of an owl ontology using Owlviz (or
> another  tool)?
>
> I have not find a way to create a graph which depicts the properties
> between the classes
> of my  ontology...
> Any ideas?
>
> Many thanks in advance!

Re: Owlviz and properties etc

John Chrysakis-2
ok thanx let me know about it.

Also it would be meaningful to visualise datatype properties as well,

Thanks!

John Chrysakis schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> Can I visualize the properties of an owl ontology using Owlviz (or
> another  tool)?
>
> I have not find a way to create a graph which depicts the properties
> between the classes
> of my  ontology...
> Any ideas?
>
> Many thanks in advance!

Re: Owlviz and properties etc

Lutz Wachsmann
yeah, an individuals would be nice, too.
but not in my plugin, it can only handle Classes and ObjectProperties...

John Chrysakis schrieb:

> ok thanx let me know about it.
>
> Also it would be meaningful to visualise datatype properties as well,
>
> Thanks!
>
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 3:18 PM, Lutz Wachsmann <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hello John,
>
>     i don't know if it is helpful for you, but there will be an P4-plugin to
>     visualize class (is-a, disjoint-with, equivalent-to) and property (the
>     object properties in your ontology) relations.
>     But it is, as mentioned before, a plugin for P4 and i have to get in
>     contact with Timothy soon. I need two more weeks, and the
>     P4-feedback-list would be the better place to watch out for it.
>
>     Cheers,
>     Lutz
>
>     John Chrysakis schrieb:
>      > Hello,
>      >
>      > Can I visualize the properties of an owl ontology using Owlviz (or
>      > another  tool)?
>      >
>      > I have not find a way to create a graph which depicts the properties
>      > between the classes
>      > of my  ontology...
>      > Any ideas?
>      >
>      > Many thanks in advance!
>      >
>      >
>      >
>      >

Re: Owlviz and properties etc

Thomas Russ

On Jun 27, 2008, at 4:20 AM, John Chrysakis wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can I visualize the properties of an owl ontology using Owlviz (or
> another  tool)?

Try Ontoviz.  It can generate graphs that show various relations,
including property links.  You just need to select the appropriate

Re: Owlviz and properties etc

Nick Drummond
I'm certainly looking forward to seeing this.

Nick