[POSSIBLE VIRUS:###] getBoolean( ) failing?

[POSSIBLE VIRUS:###] getBoolean( ) failing?

Hrishikesh Sharma
Hi,
   I found another possible issue in SWRL RuleEngine bridge. Essentially my ontology has a boolean datatype property called "needsBatAlarm". But when I do
prop = ( ( OWLDatatypePropertyAssertionAxiom ) o );
boolean result = prop.getObject( ).getBoolean( );

I get the error
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.swrl.bridge.exceptions.DatatypeConversionException:
 cannot convert value of type 'java.lang.String' to boolean
       at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.swrl.bridge.impl.OWLDatatypeValueImpl.getBoolean(Unknown
 Source)
       at RuleReasoner.checkChargeNeed(RuleReasoner.java:139)
       at Wrap.main(Wrap.java:27)

The property is indeed boolean; I checked the ontology? A sample code + my ontology is attached here. The fault happens at line 139, RuleReasoner.java. To use code, compile Wrap.java and use "java Wrap file:///root/.../base.owl".

Regards
   Hrishikesh.

code.zip (11K) Download Attachment

Assigning memory heaps for Pellet an Protege

Alan March
Hi.

Are there any recommendations on how to assign min/max memory heaps to
Pellet and Protégé when planning to run a reasoning process? That is, should
some sort or proportion be kept when assigning memory to each application.
Or should I just assign high maximums to each of them? I am using the latest
version of Protégé, which does not apply dig transformation.

Thanks!

Re: [POSSIBLE VIRUS:###] getBoolean( ) failing?

Martin O'Connor

This is a bug. The fix will be in the next beta.

Martin

Hrishikesh Sharma wrote:

> Hi,
>    I found another possible issue in SWRL RuleEngine bridge.
> Essentially my ontology has a boolean datatype property called
> "needsBatAlarm". But when I do
> prop = ( ( OWLDatatypePropertyAssertionAxiom ) o );
> boolean result = prop.getObject( ).getBoolean( );
>
> I get the error
> edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.swrl.bridge.exceptions.DatatypeConversionException:
>  cannot convert value of type 'java.lang.String' to boolean
>        at
> edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.swrl.bridge.impl.OWLDatatypeValueImpl.getBoolean(Unknown
>  Source)
>        at RuleReasoner.checkChargeNeed(RuleReasoner.java:139)
>        at Wrap.main(Wrap.java:27)
>
> The property is indeed boolean; I checked the ontology? A sample code
> + my ontology is attached here. The fault happens at line 139,
> RuleReasoner.java. To use code, compile Wrap.java and use "java Wrap
> file:///root/.../base.owl".
>
> Regards
>    Hrishikesh.

Re: Assigning memory heaps for Pellet an Protege

Tania Tudorache
Alan,

Are you using the direct reasoner connection from Protege 3.4 beta? If
so, then you cannot set different heap sizes for Protege and Pellet
because they share the same memory space.

Setting the heap size for Protege is described here:

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/Setting_Heap_Size

Some recommendations about setting up the heap size are here:

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/Scalability_and_Tuning

If Protege 3 runs out of memory during reasoning, it will try to
recover, but it is not guaranteed that it will succeed.

In case you are not using any Protege 3 feature, I recommend that you
try to use Protege 4 and the OWL-API directly because they have a much
smaller memory footprint.

Tania