Pellet Reasoner 1.5.2 in Protege 3.5

moodamultani
Dear colleagues,

[A copy of this message is set to each forum at [hidden email] and [hidden email] .... apologies for cross posting].

I am seeking help on the problem of Pellet reasoner 1.5.2 in Protégé 3.5 alpha on my windows 8 PC laptop which has 8GB RAM. After looking at discussions at this prestigious forum, I have set the maximum memory field in protégé.lax file as 3GB for the protégé launching indicates that the maximum is set at 1871 MB.

I have the following ontologies imported in my protégé project:

1) Ontology P2 that further imports ontology P1 which further imports ontologies A and B
2) Ontology P4 that imports ontology P3
3) Ontology P5

As soon as I have imported the ontologies, Pellet reasoner 1.5.2 performs the consistency check which is successful.

The problem of 'out of memory' starts when I add more than one individuals to a concept. The reasoner simply goes out of memory on adding more than one concept.

Is this expected? What does this indicate? Could you please help me on resolving this problem as I need to infer some SWRL rules on about 100 individuals?

Very grateful and with regards,

Mahmood Ahmad
(PhD student)