Pellet and OWL

Ohbyung Kwon

Hi All,

I am testing Pellet. When I uploaded the OWL instance
files on to Pellet, I could not do more than 7Mbytes
(RAM memory of my computer is 1 GByte). The error
massage was "Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space".
Pellet seems to have some limitations about the OWL
file size or the number of instances contained in an
OWL file. If it is right, please inform me the
detailed limitations in using Pellet. (ex. memory
limitation)
Thank you in advance.

Ohbyung Kwon

Joseph OhByung Kwon
College of Management and International Relations
Kyunghee University
Korea
+82 31 201 2306
+82 19 368 1402

Re: Pellet and OWL

Tania Tudorache

Hi,

please post OWL related questions on the OWL mailing
list.(http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.misc.ontology.protege.owl)
If you search for Pellet on the OWL mailing list, you will probably also
find the answer to your question, cause this problem has come up before.

Thanks,
Tania

Ohbyung Kwon wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I am testing Pellet. When I uploaded the OWL instance
>files on to Pellet, I could not do more than 7Mbytes
>(RAM memory of my computer is 1 GByte). The error
>massage was "Exception in thread "main"
>java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space".
>Pellet seems to have some limitations about the OWL
>file size or the number of instances contained in an
>OWL file. If it is right, please inform me the
>detailed limitations in using Pellet. (ex. memory
>limitation)
>Thank you in advance.
>
>Ohbyung Kwon
>
>Joseph OhByung Kwon
>College of Management and International Relations
>Kyunghee University
>Korea
>+82 31 201 2306
>+82 19 368 1402
>[hidden email]

Re: Pellet and OWL

Cesar Castillo

Hi. That is a Java memory error. Try to increase his value.

Regards,

Cesar
From:  Ohbyung Kwon <[hidden email]>
To:  [hidden email]
Subject:  [protege-discussion] Pellet and OWL
Date:  Tue, 9 May 2006 16:12:16 +0900 (KST)

>Hi All,
>
>I am testing Pellet. When I uploaded the OWL instance
>files on to Pellet, I could not do more than 7Mbytes
>(RAM memory of my computer is 1 GByte). The error
>massage was "Exception in thread "main"
>java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space".
>Pellet seems to have some limitations about the OWL
>file size or the number of instances contained in an
>OWL file. If it is right, please inform me the
>detailed limitations in using Pellet. (ex. memory
>limitation)
>Thank you in advance.
>
>Ohbyung Kwon
>
>Joseph OhByung Kwon
>College of Management and International Relations
>Kyunghee University
>Korea
>+82 31 201 2306
>+82 19 368 1402
>[hidden email]

답장: [protege-discussion] Re: Pellet and OW L?=

Ohbyung Kwon

Hi. The problem has been resolved according to your
advice. I got -Xm256m option of java.exe. Many thanks
to you.
Regards,
Ohbyung

--- Cesar Castillo <[hidden email]> 보낸사람: