PizzaOntology ( error ? )

Yasemin Dagdas

Hello,

I am using A practical Guide to building OWL Ontologies Using Protege 4 and CO-ODE Tools Edition 1.3.
I try to built up Pizza Ontology. I have been applied guide to page 39. When I applied "hasTopping only (TomatoToppings or MozzarellaToppings)" reasoner say my ontology inconsistent.  Problem start with "hasTopping only (TomatoToppings or MozzarellaToppings)" and MargheritaPizza is being red.

I attached the file as I mention PizzaOntology.

Please help me to me see my mistake.

Thank you.

Yasemin Dagdas

PizzaSunu.owl (23K) Download Attachment

Re: PizzaOntology ( error ? )

not the ontology is inconsistent, but the class MargheritaPizza is unsatisfiable, i.e. can not have instances.
There is a mistake in the ontology:

For the property "hasToppping" domain and range are wrong, I guess you have declared them? The domain should not be "hasTopping some Pizza", but "Pizza". And for the range it should be "PizzaTopping" instead of "hasTopping some PizzaTopping".

Regards,
Lorenz
On 11.07.2012 07:37, Yasemin Dagdas wrote:

Hello,

I am using A practical Guide to building OWL Ontologies Using Protege 4 and CO-ODE Tools Edition 1.3.
I try to built up Pizza Ontology. I have been applied guide to page 39. When I applied "hasTopping only (TomatoToppings or MozzarellaToppings)" reasoner say my ontology inconsistent.  Problem start with "hasTopping only (TomatoToppings or MozzarellaToppings)" and MargheritaPizza is being red.

I attached the file as I mention PizzaOntology.

Please help me to me see my mistake.

Thank you.

Yasemin Dagdas

Re: PizzaOntology ( error ? )

Yasemin Dagdas

Hi Lorenz Bühmann,

I use domain (hasTopping some MargheritaPizza) and range ( hasTopping only MozzarellaToppings or TomatoToppings) and (hasTopping some TomatoToppings) and  (hasTopping MozzarellaToppings). I mean with my application that  MargherittaPizza has MozzarellaToppings and TomatoToppings . Mean MargherittaPizza must have only MozzarellaToppings and TomatoToppings.

After this application ı use reasoner Hermit 1.3.4  so hasBase and isBaseOf are being red. But ı cant see the inconsistent issue.

Thank you helping.

Best regards.

Yasemin Dagdas

=?windows-1254?Q?PizzaSunu_-_1_MargherittaPizza_sorunu_sonras=FD.owl?= (31K) Download Attachment

Re: PizzaOntology ( error ? )

Hi Yasemin,

As Lorenz said, your domains and ranges look slightly wrong.  I suggest that you follow his corrections.  In your current ontology hasBase is painted in red because it is unsatisfiable.  Ignoring the modelling issues, here's one explanation as to why that is the case:

Basically, anything that has a hasBase relationship will have it to something that has a hasBase relationship to a Pizza and also a hasBase relationship to a PizzaBase. (enforced by the range axiom and the domain axiom) i.e. hasBase will be followed by two hasBase relationships: one to a Pizza and one to a PizzaBase.  Since Pizza and PizzaBase are disjoint and hasBase is functional this makes "hasBase some Pizza and hasBase some PizzaBase" unsatisfiable and hence it's not possible to have any hasBase relationships so hasBase is unsatisfiable.

Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 09:06:59 +0200
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

Hi,
[...]

p4-feedback mailing list

Re: PizzaOntology ( error ? )

Yasemin Dagdas

Hi Matthew,

I have removed functional character for hasBase (Domain Pizza- Range PizzaBase) in the same PizzaOntology sample file , Then i worked reasoner as FaCT ++ and HermiT 1.3.4 then red hasBase is being black mean consistent...

The problem is  a functional character?

(But I remember when I applied the guide 1.3  written "make the hasBase property functional"  in page 32, exercise 12) If it is right, what is the problem?

Because PizzaBase being range and Pizza being domain are true according to guide. When i make them together according to guide  (functional character and domain-range perspektif) I cant find my problem .

Thank you.

Yasemin Dagdas

=?windows-1254?Q?PizzaSunu_-_2_MargherittaPizza_sorunu_sonras=FD_function?= =?windows-1254?Q?al_kald=FDr=FDl=FDnca.owl?= (31K) Download Attachment

Re: PizzaOntology ( error ? )

Hi Yasemin,

The domain should just be "Pizza" and the range should just be "PizzaBase".  The functional axiom is correct.