Pls Help: Can we use search results in Ontograf for recall & Precision?

Pls Help: Can we use search results in Ontograf for recall & Precision?

siti
Dear all,

Have a good day.

My inquiries are regarding the Ontograf used in searching information and the results. Basically the purpose of Ontograf in protege is for ontology visualization, but it has the feature for search in it. Questions as follows:

1) In your opinion, are the search results in ontograf are enough to be used for recall and precision calculation, at least as the simplest retrieval?

2) If Ontograf can be used for information retrieval, what is the system architecture for Ontograf, can u pls share?

3) Let say if we cannot use that search results in the Ontograf for recall & precision calculation, is there any suggestion for me to at least calculate those measure from the developed ontology in my protege, the simplest way?

Your attention and feedback are very much appreciated. I am in dire need of answers...

Really, thank you! :)

Note: I am using protege 4.3 by the way.

Re: Pls Help: Can we use search results in Ontograf for recall & Precision?

Tania Tudorache
I am not clear for what are you trying to measure the precision and recall? Usually, you measure it for some algorithm that you are interested in. I suppose measuring the precision and recall for the search feature in OntoGraf is not very useful, unless you want to evaluate the use of OntoGraf search in some application.

Even so, I think the OntoGraf search is a simple regular expression search over all entity names in the ontology. You can easily confirm it by inspecting the OntoGraf code (https://github.com/protegeproject/ontograf)

Protege itself has a much more advanced search feature (search button next to the ontology name drop-down list).

I also suggest to use the latest Protege 5.1.0 release, and not an older release.

Tania

Re: Pls Help: Can we use search results in Ontograf for recall & Precision?

siti
 Very much thank you for your response Tania!

Well noted.  Wish u a fantastic holiday...

Siti