[Plugin] Incompatibilities with JavaFX?

mistermboy
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: [Plugin] Incompatibilities with JavaFX?

Lorenz Buehmann

On 13.02.20 15:08, mistermboy wrote:
> Hi! I´m trying to make a protege plugin starting from
> protege-plugin-examples
> <http://github.com/protegeproject/protege-plugin-examples>  .
>
> The point is that I´m using the JavaFX library and when I create a component
> from this library everything stops working.

That's not a helpful error message ... the should be some error logged.

That said, you have to adapt the Maven bundle plugin config I'd say. And
I'm pretty sure you might also need some JavaFX OSGI bundle.

> Any idea of why?
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> Sent from: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Protege-Developer-f4659816.html

Re: [Plugin] Incompatibilities with JavaFX?

mistermboy
Hi! Thanks for answering. I am trying to fix it doing something like this in
the Maven bundle plugin config:

<Import-Package>
     org.protege.editor.owl.*;version="5.0.0",

org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra=javafx.embed.swing.JFXPanel;version="0.0.0",
     *
</Import-Package>

But when I run"mvn clean package" I get this message:

[WARNING] Bundle
edu.stanford.protege:protege.plugin.examples:bundle:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT : Invalid
package name:
'org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra=javafx.embed.swing.JFXPanel'

--
Sent from: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Protege-Developer-f4659816.html

Re: [Plugin] Incompatibilities with JavaFX?

Lorenz Buehmann
that's clearly wrong in your Maven Bundle plugin config. I mean, look at
the package name

org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra=javafx.embed.swing.JFXPanel;version

it should just be

javafx.embed.swing.JFXPanel;version=

with a correct version number ideally.

On 24.02.20 11:38, mistermboy wrote:

> Hi! Thanks for answering. I am trying to fix it doing something like this in
> the Maven bundle plugin config:
>
> <Import-Package>
>      org.protege.editor.owl.*;version="5.0.0",
>
> org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra=javafx.embed.swing.JFXPanel;version="0.0.0",
>      *
> </Import-Package>
>
> But when I run"mvn clean package" I get this message:
>
> [WARNING] Bundle
> edu.stanford.protege:protege.plugin.examples:bundle:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT : Invalid
> package name:
> 'org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra=javafx.embed.swing.JFXPanel'
>

> --
> Sent from: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Protege-Developer-f4659816.html

Re: [Plugin] Incompatibilities with JavaFX?

mistermboy
Thanks! I´ve updated the import to javafx.embed.swing.JFXPanel and know the
warning disappears and everything seems to be Ok in the "mvn clean package"
log. However, I can´t see the "Example tab" and the other added elements by
the plugin.

I don´t know if there is another error msg or something I could show you...
I am just taking the example project
(https://github.com/protegeproject/protege-plugin-examples) and creating one
instance of JFXPanel component into Metrics.java

--
Sent from: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Protege-Developer-f4659816.html