Plugin for ontology population

hajar_zan
Hello
I hope you are doing well
I was wondering if there exist a pluging for Protégé to generate ontology population for both concepts and their relations
Any information could help
Thank you

--
Hajar Zankadi

Ingénieur d'Etat en Management des Sytèmes d'Information
Diplomée de l'Institut National des Postes et Télécommunications (INPT)

Re: Plugin for ontology population

Ghislain ATEMEZING
HI Hajar,
Ontology population can be done in various ways depending on the types of data (unstructured, semi-structured, etc).
If you have CSV files, Cellfie [1] is the way to go.
You can search for any plugin here [2].
IMHO, if you want to create RDF data, you might go for any RDF Library in your preferred programming language (e.g., [3,4] to name those two.

HTH
Best,
Ghislain

[1]

Le jeu. 3 janv. 2019 à 12:50, hajar hajar <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hello
I hope you are doing well
I was wondering if there exist a pluging for Protégé to generate ontology population for both concepts and their relations
Any information could help
Thank you

--
Hajar Zankadi

Ingénieur d'Etat en Management des Sytèmes d'Information
Diplomée de l'Institut National des Postes et Télécommunications (INPT)

Re: Plugin for ontology population

hajar_zan
Thank you for your response
In fact i have unstructered data so i want to extract instances for concepts and relations in an automated way
Is that possible
Thank you again

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019, 12:28 PM Ghislain ATEMEZING <[hidden email] wrote:
[...]

Lorenz B.
This is pure research topic ... no solution so far. And to be honest, there will never be an approach that works perfectly on any domain.

It's even not clear what kind of data you want to extract automatically.
Please given an example sentence and the data that  - in your opinion (!) - should be extracted.

[...]

Lorenz Bühmann
AKSW group, University of Leipzig

Re: Plugin for ontology population

hajar_zan
I want to extract data from web ( from social media in particular) to import them in my ontology
So i want to know if it is possible or not and if yes is there any approach or process or plugin that could assist me
Thank you

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019, 1:43 PM Lorenz B. <[hidden email] wrote:
[...]

That is _not_ an example, but ok. No, it's impossible as I don't know what kind of data you want to extract from the text data.
There are things like Named Entity Recognition for NLP area. Then you need steps like Named Entity Disambiguation if you have existing ontology data, i.e. map the detected entities to individuals in the ontology.
Anything beyond is also research. How can a tool automatically decided which word is a property, which a class and so on and so furth? There is no perfect approach, it's all research.

Use Google and search for "ontology extraction from text" and similar terms. You'll find a bunch of research papers. Good luck