Prefixed Name Rendering of IRIs which end in Numbers

Prefixed Name Rendering of IRIs which end in Numbers

sizedam
The 5.2 Protege Desktop GUI does not seem correctly render a 'prefixed name'
representation of IRIs which end in numbers. For example, an individual such
as http://www.somesite.com/products2#567 is rendered as "567" if I choose to
render entities by 'short name' but if I choose 'prefixed name', only the
prefix is rendered, e.g. "prod:". See screenshots. Is this a known bug? If
not, can someone file one please? Is there a workaround?

RenderByShortName.png
<http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376492/RenderByShortName.png>
RenderByPrefixedName.png
<http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376492/RenderByPrefixedName.png>

Re: Prefixed Name Rendering of IRIs which end in Numbers or Special Characters

sizedam
Matthew -

I noticed the same effect with special characters (those which are
legitimate in URLs such as "=" or "?"). I was working on a design which
called for a Class whose instances would be lists of parameters when I
stumbled upon this. It's a design I'll likely discard due to its potential
for ambiguity but I nonetheless thought I'd bring it to your attention, as
it might make sense to incorporate into the planned fixes below. What do you
think?

See attached ontology and screenshots.

ParameterList.owl
<http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376492/ParameterList.owl>
Parameters-IRI.png
<http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376492/Parameters-IRI.png>
Parameters-Prefix.png
<http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376492/Parameters-Prefix.png>

Re: Prefixed Name Rendering of IRIs which end in Numbers or Special Characters

The changes that I’ve made to the renderer to fix the other reported issues also mean that these names will now display correctly.  Thanks for this report and the extra test case.