Problem in a Python script in Protege script tab

Problem in a Python script in Protege script tab

Vbertaud
 HELP

I have a Problem in a Python script in Protege script tab on the instruction:

The import instruction makes no problem:
from edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena import *

The following instruction:
kbf = JenaKnowledgeBaseFactory()

makes the error :
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
java.lang.NullPointerException

Thanks a lot

Valerie

Re: Problem in a Python script in Protege script tab

Olivier Dameron

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:09:34 -0400, [hidden email] wrote:

> The following instruction:
> kbf = JenaKnowledgeBaseFactory()
>
> makes the error :
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "<string>", line 1, in ?
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
> Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

The problem appears to be windows-specific.
Some Windows machines seem to have it, and other windows machines do
not.

We haven't figured out a workaround (but admitedly haven't try very hard
either). If somebody finds out how to solve it without formatting the
hard drive, please update the wiki.

Olivier

Re: Problem in a Python script in Protege script tab

adam.saltiel
I can't help directly but I have just spent the last 2+ weeks setting up a
jython/python environment for work. One of the reasons it has taken so long
is becuase I was unsure of the meaning of and where belonged various errors
and I was setting up around an existing code base that may or may not have
had its own errors. Again, there were issues concerning versions I wanted to
sort out.
I have established that the latest version of python and jython are good to
go together and that there is a very useful environement that can be set up
in eclipse 3.2 using pydev and, if you are prepared to fork out ofter a
month pydev extensions. further, it is possible to set up a combined
jython/python junit test environment, very useful for serious work.
Hope this helps,
Adam