Problem opening file in Web Protege

Lizbeth Moore

Hi,

I am a user of both Protégé and Web Protégé.  I am encountering problems uploading a file to Web Protégé that opens well in Protégé.  I am not quite sure what the issue is however think it may have something to do with one of the imports.  I have attached the file in question in case anyone can offer any suggestions.  I am using Protégé version 5.1.0.

Thanks in anticipation.

ABC

Lizbeth Moore
Metadata Coordinator, Content Services

(working Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8 am – 2.30 pm)

+61 3 9524 2335

+61 407 446 422

+61 3 9524 2304

http://www.abc.net.au/corp/enter/img/brandsignature.jpg

-

The information contained in this email and any attachment is confidential and may contain legally privileged or copyright material. It is intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you are not permitted to disseminate, distribute or copy this email or any attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system. The ABC does not represent or warrant that this transmission is secure or virus free. Before opening any attachment you should check for viruses. The ABC's liability is limited to resupplying any email and attachments.

mco-core.owl (32K) Download Attachment

Re: Problem opening file in Web Protege

Josef Hardi
Hi Lizbeth,
Your ontology imports an unknown source and Protege is unable to locate it.

I was able to open the ontology with this workaround:
1. Open your ontology file using a text editor, e.g., Notepad.
2. Look for this line of statement: <owl:imports rdf:resource="urn:mpeg:mpeg21:mco:ipre:2012#”/>
3. Remove it and save the file.

Now Protege will be able to open the ontology. You might want to look out the correct location for the ontology you just removed.

Best,
Josef