Problem when open a project created

Fatma ELLOUZE
Hello all,
When I download this project and open it with Eclipse. I encounter this problem below:
The project description file (.project) for 'swrlEx' is missing.  This file contains important information about the project.  The project will not function properly until this file is restored.
Please what is this file and why I don't find it?
PS: I have installed the JDK 8, maven and GIT.
Thank you for your reply & Best regards
Fatma

Re: Problem when open a project created

Martin O'Connor-2

It looks like you Eclipse .project file is missing. It is also not clear what project you are referring to.

Martin

> On Jul 12, 2016, at 2:33 AM, Fatma ELLOUZE <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
> When I download this project and open it with Eclipse. I encounter this
> problem below:
> *The project description file (.project) for 'swrlEx' is missing.  This file
> contains important information about the project.  The project will not
> function properly until this file is restored.*
> Please what is this file and why I don't find it?
> PS: I have installed the JDK 8, maven and GIT.
> Thank you for your reply & Best regards
> Fatma

Re: Problem when open a project created

Fatma ELLOUZE
Hello Mr,
I am sorry I forget the link https://github.com/protegeproject/swrlapi.
I used all the instructions of this link but the result is:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.
5.1:compile (default-compile) on project swrlapi: Compilation failure
[ERROR] No compiler is provided in this environment. Perhaps you are running on
a JRE rather than a JDK?
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e swit
ch.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please rea
d the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException

I don't know what is the matter?
In fact, I am a beginner that's why I ask a lot.
Thank you for your understanding
Best regards
Fatma.

Re: Problem when open a project created

Lorenz Buehmann
Do you have a JDK installed?

> Hello Mr,
> I am sorry I forget the link  https://github.com/protegeproject/swrlapi
> <https://github.com/protegeproject/swrlapi>  .
> I used all the instructions of this link but the result is:
> *[INFO]
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.
> 5.1:compile (default-compile) on project swrlapi: Compilation failure
> [ERROR] No compiler is provided in this environment. Perhaps you are running
> on
> a JRE rather than a JDK?
> [ERROR] -> [Help 1]
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
> swit
> ch.
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please
> rea
> d the following articles:
> [ERROR] [Help 1]
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException
> *
> I don't know what is the matter?
> In fact, I am a beginner that's why I ask a lot.
> Thank you for your understanding
> Best regards
> Fatma.

Lorenz Bühmann
AKSW group, University of Leipzig
Group: http://aksw.org - semantic web research center

Re: Problem when open a project created

Fatma ELLOUZE
Of course. I have jdk1.7.0 installed and I added the JDK 8 as indicated in the link.

Re: Problem when open a project created

Lorenz Buehmann
Can you call "mvn -version" in a terminal? There you will see which Java
version is used by Maven.

> Of course. I have jdk1.7.0 installed and I added the JDK 8 as indicated in
> the link.

Lorenz Bühmann
AKSW group, University of Leipzig
Group: http://aksw.org - semantic web research center

Re: Problem when open a project created

Fatma ELLOUZE
here the result of mv -version

C:\Users\DELL\swrlapi>mvn -version
Apache Maven 3.3.9 (bb52d8502b132ec0a5a3f4c09453c07478323dc5; 2015-11-10T17:41:4
7+01:00)
Maven home: C:\apache-maven-3.3.9
Java home: C:\Program Files (x86)\JDK 8
Default locale: fr_FR, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: "windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "amd64", family: "dos"

Re: Problem when open a project created

Fatma ELLOUZE
Hello,
I uninstall the JDK and I re install it again and all is ok now. Thank you for the link. It is helpful.
I copied all instructions (existing here https://github.com/protegeproject/swrlapi) in a shell and all is ok. However, I don’t understand what the result (i.e., the end) is. I mean, I want to open a project with dependencies with Eclipse. How can I open it?
I downloaded “swrlapi-example-master” and I try to open that with Eclipse but nothing is appear.
I want to familiarise with example of projects that use the SWRL API. How can I do that please.

Best regards,
Fatma.

Re: Problem when open a project created

Martin O'Connor-2

> I copied all instructions (existing here
> https://github.com/protegeproject/swrlapi) in a shell and all is ok.
> However, I don’t understand what the result (i.e., the end) is. I mean, I
> want to open a project with dependencies with Eclipse. How can I open it?

There is a build project to build all the various SWRLAPI components here:

https://github.com/protegeproject/swrlapi-project

The includes a Maven POM file manage all dependencies. You should create a project in Eclipse by importing it from this POM. See:

http://javapapers.com/java/import-maven-project-into-eclipse/

Martin

Re: Problem when open a project created

Fatma ELLOUZE
Hello Mr,
Sorry for my late reply and thank you for your clarification.
In fact, I imported the SWRLAPI Build Project in ECLIPSE, but I don't find any class, there just the pom.xml and it doesn't contain dependencies. So this project is for what, please?
Thank you in advance for your time.
Best regards,
Fatma.

Re: Problem when open a project created

Martin O'Connor-2

The build project is a convenience project that builds all SWRLAPI-related components.

The example project [1] is used to provide a template for a basic Maven-based project that uses the SWRLAPI.

Martin

[1] https://github.com/protegeproject/swrlapi-example

> On Jul 18, 2016, at 7:07 AM, Fatma ELLOUZE <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Mr,
> Sorry for my late reply and thank you for your clarification.
> In fact, I imported the SWRLAPI Build Project in ECLIPSE, but I don't find
> any class, there just the pom.xml and it doesn't contain dependencies. So
> this project is for what, please?
> Thank you in advance for your time.
> Best regards,
> Fatma.

Re: Problem when open a project created

Fatma ELLOUZE
Hello,
I imported this project and it is easy to understand. thank you. I will adopt this project and I will modify it to my need as all dependencies exist.
Best regards,
Fatma