Problem with RDFCBackend

Zuriñe Piña Landaburu
Hi all,

I've tried to start using Protégé 3.5 and it is supposed to be correctly installed. The first time I tried to open an ontology made with an older version, it was no problem, but now I have this error:

Errors found performing operation.

1. Cannot find knowledgebase factory: edu.stanford.smi.protegex.storage.rdf.configurable.RDFCBackend
Please check that you have the required plug-in.

See console and log for more details.

And I don't know how to repare it. Please, could you help me?

Thank you and best regards,

Zuri

Re: Problem with RDFCBackend

samsontu
Hi,

It would be good if you can provide more information:

1. Are you working with a Protege project that stores classes and instances in *.rdfs and *rdf files? (This file format was developed before OWL became a standard.)
2. What operations were you trying to perform?
3. Do you have detailed console or logging information that Protege prints out?

With best regards,
Samson

On Mar 10, 2014, at 1:16 PM, Zuriñe Piña Landaburu <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

I've tried to start using Protégé 3.5 and it is supposed to be correctly installed. The first time I tried to open an ontology made with an older version, it was no problem, but now I have this error:

Errors found performing operation.

1. Cannot find knowledgebase factory: edu.stanford.smi.protegex.storage.rdf.configurable.RDFCBackend
Please check that you have the required plug-in.

See console and log for more details.

And I don't know how to repare it. Please, could you help me?

Thank you and best regards,

Zuri

Re: Problem with RDFCBackend

Zuriñe Piña Landaburu

Hi Samson,

First of all, thank you for your help. Yes, I am working with a project that stores classes in rdfs. I would like to change some data in the ontology and then upload it to WebProtege. I don't have detailed console or logging information.

Thank you and best regards,

Zuri

El 10/03/2014 21:37, "Samson Tu" <[hidden email]> escribió:
[...]

Check your Protege 3.5 installation. It should have a ..\plugins\edu.stanford.smi.protegex.rdf_backend\ folder with rdf-backend.jar file in it. If the jar file is indeed there, you have a classpath problem. If that’s the case, you need to tell us exactly how you invoke Protege.

I am not sure the WebProtege supports loading of rdfs/rdf files generated by Protege 3.x.

With best regards,
Samson

On Mar 11, 2014, at 3:28 AM, Zuriñe Piña Landaburu <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
Hi Zuri,
The current WebProtege uses the OWLAPI in the backend and reads only OWL ontologies. The previous WebProtege (v. 1.0) was able to read Protege Frames and RDF ontologies as well, but we do not support that anymore in WebProtege.

Csongor

On 03/11/2014 10:31 AM, Samson Tu wrote:
[...]

In Protege 3.x, you can do File/Export to Format…/OWL, and then load the OWL file in Protege to review the converted ontology.

If you don’t use Protege 3.x metaclasses, the export from RDFS/RDF format is likely to preserve most of your ontology.

With best regards,
Samson

On Mar 11, 2014, at 11:20 AM, Matthew Horridge <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I've downloaded the last version of Protégé and it seems to be correct: I've uploaded the first version, made with Protégé 3.3.1, and I can open it. On the other hand, maybe I've made something wrong because the properties appear as annotations, and I don't know why.

Thank you very much and sorry for bothering you :)

Zuri