Problem with Renaming Classes and some strange behaviours with protege 4

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problem with Renaming Classes and some strange behaviours with protege 4

mbikinyi brat
Dear,
I am experiencing some strange behaviors using Protege 4
1) When I want to rename a class: I select Refactor then rename, what appears is "class2323333515" or simply "class followed by some numbers. What is the cause please?
2) There are times when a class in the taxonomy appears light, i.e while others appear bold in text, one may just appear normal or not in bold or does not resemble the others. what is the cause please?
3) I copied my ontology in my USB to use in another computer and all the classes  appear as "class23220000" and all the object properties appearing as "ObjectProperty1222222222333"; for instance an object property that was "hasBattery" is now "ObjectProperty02000002332" say. What may be the problem?
 
 
Regards,
Nan


_______________________________________________
p4-feedback mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/p4-feedback
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with Renaming Classes and some strange behaviours with protege 4

Matthew Horridge
Hi,

> I am experiencing some strange behaviors using Protege 4
> 1) When I want to rename a class: I select Refactor then rename,  
> what appears is "class2323333515" or simply "class followed by some  
> numbers. What is the cause please?

It looks like you are creating classes, object properties and  
individuals where the URIs of these entities are automatically being  
generated and the name is being "attached" as a label.  What option do  
you have selected in the renderer preferences?  Make sure the selected  
rendering option says "URI fragment".  The entity creation process has  
been changed in the latest version of Protege 4 (see the new entities  
panel in the preferences).

> 2) There are times when a class in the taxonomy appears light, i.e  
> while others appear bold in text, one may just appear normal or not  
> in bold or does not resemble the others. what is the cause please?

Entity names (classes etc.) appear bold if there are "defining axioms"  
for that entity in the selected ontology.  If they are not in bold  
then they are just "references" by the selected ontology.

> 3) I copied my ontology in my USB to use in another computer and all  
> the classes  appear as "class23220000" and all the object properties  
> appearing as "ObjectProperty1222222222333"; for instance an object  
> property that was "hasBattery" is now "ObjectProperty02000002332"  
> say. What may be the problem?

See answer to 1)

Cheers,

Matthew
_______________________________________________
p4-feedback mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/p4-feedback
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with Renaming Classes and some strange behaviours with protege 4

Nick Drummond
There is a note[1] on the wiki about this.

Nick



On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 8:26 AM, Matthew Horridge <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

> I am experiencing some strange behaviors using Protege 4
> 1) When I want to rename a class: I select Refactor then rename,
> what appears is "class2323333515" or simply "class followed by some
> numbers. What is the cause please?

It looks like you are creating classes, object properties and
individuals where the URIs of these entities are automatically being
generated and the name is being "attached" as a label.  What option do
you have selected in the renderer preferences?  Make sure the selected
rendering option says "URI fragment".  The entity creation process has
been changed in the latest version of Protege 4 (see the new entities
panel in the preferences).

> 2) There are times when a class in the taxonomy appears light, i.e
> while others appear bold in text, one may just appear normal or not
> in bold or does not resemble the others. what is the cause please?

Entity names (classes etc.) appear bold if there are "defining axioms"
for that entity in the selected ontology.  If they are not in bold
then they are just "references" by the selected ontology.

> 3) I copied my ontology in my USB to use in another computer and all
> the classes  appear as "class23220000" and all the object properties
> appearing as "ObjectProperty1222222222333"; for instance an object
> property that was "hasBattery" is now "ObjectProperty02000002332"
> say. What may be the problem?

See answer to 1)

Cheers,

Matthew
_______________________________________________
p4-feedback mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/p4-feedback


_______________________________________________
p4-feedback mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/p4-feedback