Problem with the method getOWLModelManager()

Problem with the method getOWLModelManager()

Rim Touhami
Hi,

I'm developing a plugin for Protege 4. To do that, I imported all the necessary Jars in may Workspace.
Now I have a problem with this instruction : OWLOntologyManager owlManager = getOWLModelManager().getOWLOntologyManager();
The method  getOWLModelManager() is not recognized. I tried to import many packages but in vain.
Can you tell me what should I do?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Problem with the method getOWLModelManager()

Jennifer Vendetti
Administrator
OWLOntologyManager is part of the OWL API, found in the org.semanticweb.owl.owlapi.jar file.

If you followed the instructions for setting up your development environment here:

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/CompileProtege4InEclipseFromSvn

... this project should already exist in your workspace.

Jennifer

On 4/19/2013 4:14 PM, Rim Touhami wrote:
Hi,

I'm developing a plugin for Protege 4. To do that, I imported all the necessary Jars in may Workspace.
Now I have a problem with this instruction : OWLOntologyManager owlManager = getOWLModelManager().getOWLOntologyManager();
The method  getOWLModelManager() is not recognized. I tried to import many packages but in vain.
Can you tell me what should I do?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Problem with the method getOWLModelManager()

Rim Touhami
Dear ontology developers,

I have a class X that extend the AbstractAction class.
In this class X, I would write the following code :

public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent arg0) {
AssertedClassHierarchyProvider HP=new AssertedClassHierarchyProvider(getOWLModelManager().getOWLOntologyManager());
            HP.setOntologies(getOWLModelManager().getActiveOntologies());
            OWLObjectTree<OWLClass> tree = new OWLModelManagerTree<OWLClass>(getOWLEditorKit(), HP);
            JScrollPane i=new JScrollPane(tree);

panel.add(i);
}

The methods getOWLOntologyManager() and getOWLEditorKit() are not recognized.
I think that there are a class or an interface that provides this methods?
Should I redefine them? If yes, what should I put in the code oh these methods?

Thanks in advance.