Problems with Owl File contents after saves

Problems with Owl File contents after saves

Mark Feblowitz
I have been having many severe problems with build 318, and I'm not
sure why they're occurring. I have many files that I'm working with,
all imported from local filesystem locations. Sometimes when I save
the importing file, the imported files are also saved, sometimes
wiping out their content. Sometimes the saved file is not saved
completely (or is saved with no significant content.

I'll try to look for patterns that lead to such disruptive behavior.

Has anybody else had this kind of trouble?

Mark

Re: Problems with Owl File contents after saves

Nick Drummond
Mark,

We do have a single bug open on this issue [1]. Or at least one of the
reproducable variants of it.
Let us know if you find any other patterns.

I've upped the priority to high and will look into it.

Nick

[1] http://www.co-ode.org/mantis/view.php?id=444

Mark Feblowitz wrote:

> I have been having many severe problems with build 318, and I'm not
> sure why they're occurring. I have many files that I'm working with,
> all imported from local filesystem locations. Sometimes when I save
> the importing file, the imported files are also saved, sometimes
> wiping out their content. Sometimes the saved file is not saved
> completely (or is saved with no significant content.
>
> I'll try to look for patterns that lead to such disruptive behavior.
>
> Has anybody else had this kind of trouble?
>
> Mark

Nick Drummond

Protégé on an Intel Mac w/OS X 10.4.6

sschlmr
Folk,

I have recently migrated from Linux to Mac OS X on an Intel MacBook Pro.
The PPC version of Protégé does not appear to work.  Any suggestions as to
the proper version for my new machine/OS?

TIA

-steve

Re: Problems with Owl File contents after saves

Mark Feblowitz
Well - I found one repeatable situation that does this. And it's a real winner:
  • I have an imported owl file F and an importing file G.
  • File F defines class C
  • File G defines an individual in class C (imported).
  • I change the imported file F and delete (or rename) class C.
  • I then open G, make some irrelevant changes, and then save it back out. (No warning that C no longer exists).
  • File F is also changed (even though it's not an "active" file) and now contains only one entry:
    <rdfs:Class rdf:ID="C"/>
    Note it's not an owl:class. Also note that all other content in F (and there was a lot) is now erased.

    Good thing I've been keeping checkpoint backups.

    Mark

    http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~drummond/ < http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/%7Edrummond/>

Re: Problems with Owl File contents after saves

Mark Feblowitz
This is turning into a major pain. Too many times, some of my imported files are being overwritten with (nearly) empty ontologies.

Is there a bug listed in co-ode mantis for this? If so, I'd like to track it.

Thanks,

Mark

    Mark Feblowitz wrote:
    I have been having many severe problems with build 318, and I'm not sure why they're occurring. I have many files that I'm working with, all imported from local filesystem locations. Sometimes when I save the importing file, the imported files are also saved, sometimes wiping out their content. Sometimes the saved file is not saved completely (or is saved with no significant content.

    I'll try to look for patterns that lead to such disruptive behavior.

    Has anybody else had this kind of trouble?

    Mark

    Nick Drummond

    http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~drummond/ < http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/%7Edrummond/>

Re: Protégé on an Intel Mac w/OS X 10.4.6

Nick Drummond
Steve,

Are you still having problems? I've just moved over to a MacBook Pro and
Protege works fine.
What is PPC?

Nick

sschlmr wrote:

> Folk,
>
> I have recently migrated from Linux to Mac OS X on an Intel MacBook Pro.
> The PPC version of Protégé does not appear to work.  Any suggestions as to
> the proper version for my new machine/OS?
>
> TIA
>
> -steve

Nick Drummond