Processing OWL class expressions in WebProtege

Processing OWL class expressions in WebProtege

in the context of a Google Summer of Code project we are developing a
DL-Learner plugin for WebProtege which allows to learn complex class
expressions based on instance data.

Now I'm wondering if there is any support to display/edit/handle class
expressions in WebProtege?

Kind regards,
Lorenz

--
Lorenz Bühmann
AKSW group, University of Leipzig

Re: Processing OWL class expressions in WebProtege

Tania Tudorache
Hi Lorenz,

Yes, there is support to display and edit class expressions in
WebProtege. See here:
http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/WebProtegeUsersGuide#Viewing_and_Editing_OWL_2_Ontologies

Tania

On 06/24/2015 04:42 AM, Lorenz Bühmann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> in the context of a Google Summer of Code project we are developing a
> DL-Learner plugin for WebProtege which allows to learn complex class
> expressions based on instance data.
>
> Now I'm wondering if there is any support to display/edit/handle class
> expressions in WebProtege?
>

> Kind regards,
> Lorenz

Re: Processing OWL class expressions in WebProtege

Lorenz Buehmann
Hello Tania,

thanks, seems like I overlooked that Wiki entry.

Kind regards,
Lorenz

> Hi Lorenz,
>
> Yes, there is support to display and edit class expressions in
> WebProtege. See here:
> http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/WebProtegeUsersGuide#Viewing_and_Editing_OWL_2_Ontologies
>

> Tania
>
> On 06/24/2015 04:42 AM, Lorenz Bühmann wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> in the context of a Google Summer of Code project we are developing a
>> DL-Learner plugin for WebProtege which allows to learn complex class
>> expressions based on instance data.
>>
>> Now I'm wondering if there is any support to display/edit/handle
>> class expressions in WebProtege?
>>

>> Kind regards,
>> Lorenz

Lorenz Bühmann
AKSW group, University of Leipzig
Group: http://aksw.org - semantic web research center

Re: Processing OWL class expressions in WebProtege

laparmakerli

I have some further questions on using the the OWLEntityDesciptionPortlet for our GSOC-project. I'm using the up-to-date 2.6.0-SNAPSHOT-version of WebProtege. When I add  a new equivalent class description to a class it is not saved after pressing "apply changes" (either with or without commit message). As soon as I change the class in the class tree and go back to the edited class, the changes are discarded. I have attached a screenshot with an example (maybe I used an incorrect syntax?)

Also I would like to know if the portlet provides an interface to add a (complex) OWLClassExpression as equivalent class or sub class automatically from within the code of another portlet.

Kind regards,
Lars

Re: Processing OWL class expressions in WebProtege

Hi Lars,

Please can you check that you’re synced with the webprotege repo (I’m assuming that you’re building this yourself).  I noticed some problems with portlet (in the master branch) a couple of weeks ago and took some steps to address the problem.

If you’re already synced then please can you attach the example that you mention?

With regards to the second question.  It doesn’t provide this functionality.  Are you programmatically manipulating the equivalent classes axiom on the client side or do you want to parse an expression?

> On 23 Jul 2015, at 11:51, laparmakerli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have some further questions on using the the OWLEntityDesciptionPortlet
> for our GSOC-project. I'm using the up-to-date 2.6.0-SNAPSHOT-version of
> WebProtege. When I add  a new equivalent class description to a class it is
> not saved after pressing "apply changes" (either with or without commit
> message). As soon as I change the class in the class tree and go back to the
> edited class, the changes are discarded. I have attached a screenshot with
> an example (maybe I used an incorrect syntax?)
>
> Also I would like to know if the portlet provides an interface to add a
> (complex) OWLClassExpression as equivalent class or sub class automatically
> from within the code of another portlet.
>
> Kind regards,
> Lars
>
> <http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/n4663316/webprotege_eq_classes.png>

Re: Processing OWL class expressions in WebProtege

Hello Matthew,

to make the question more clear:

Is there a way to add an axiom from our own developed portlet to the ontology such that those change is synchronized in the OWL entity editor portlet? I guess just adding it to the underlying ontology object will trigger some actions that keep the visible portlets up-to-date, right?

Kind regards,
Lorenz
Hi Lars,

Please can you check that you’re synced with the webprotege repo (I’m assuming that you’re building this yourself).  I noticed some problems with portlet (in the master branch) a couple of weeks ago and took some steps to address the problem.

If you’re already synced then please can you attach the example that you mention?

With regards to the second question.  It doesn’t provide this functionality.  Are you programmatically manipulating the equivalent classes axiom on the client side or do you want to parse an expression?

Lorenz Bühmann
AKSW group, University of Leipzig

Re: Processing OWL class expressions in WebProtege

laparmakerli
Hello Matthew,

Regarding the first question, the problem was that I used the incorrect Manchester Syntax-keyword ("EquivalentClasses" instead of "EquivalentTo"). So the portlet actually works fine.

I could also solve the second problem by adding the equivalent classes axiom change through a FixedChangeListGenerator on the server to OWLAPIProject.

Thanks & kind regards,
Lars