Property Definitions of classes

Darminder
Hi ,

I have an ontology which models two types of assets. These assets are
defined as classes but I want to model these as two separate/distinct
classes.

So in terms of class hierarchy I can either belong to A or B , but never A
and B. Anything under me in A cannot be inherited by B , through Implicit
relationships or similar.

How do we model this relationship in protege ?

Thanks

Darminder

--
Sent from: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Protege-Developer-f4659816.html

Re: Property Definitions of classes

ricardoMT
Hi Darminder

You will need to set object properties for your classes. In a way to guarantee that one individual that you bring to the model will only be attributed to one of those two classes. You can find here some hints to create your model: https://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Protege4Pizzas10Minutes

Regards
Ricardo Taques

Em ter, 15 de out de 2019 às 12:54, Darminder <[hidden email]> escreveu:
Hi ,

I have an ontology which models two types of assets. These assets are
defined as classes but I want to model these as two separate/distinct
classes.

So in terms of class hierarchy I can either belong to A or B , but never A
and B. Anything under me in A cannot be inherited by B , through Implicit
relationships or similar.

How do we model this relationship in protege ?

Thanks

Darminder

--
Sent from: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Protege-Developer-f4659816.html

Re: Property Definitions of classes

Hi Darminder,

You can make classes you can make classes A and B disjoint.  To do this select class A in the Classes Tab and then look at the Class Description view on the right hand side.  Scroll to the bottom of it and look for the Disjoint Classes section – add class B here by pressing the button.

More info on the class description view here: