Protege 3.4 OWLViz/Graphviz problem

BassMan123
Has anyone found a "fix" for the OWLviz problem with Graphviz?

I just installed the latest Protege 3.4 (full) and latest graphviz.
With Protege 3.4, using OWLviz "hangs".  With Protege 4 (latest), the
fonts for the classes (classes tab) were unreadable.

I've not used Protege 3.4 for about a year, so I'm quite rusty, but I
saw another post about this problem, so I'm presumably not alone...

Phil

Re: Protege 3.4 OWLViz/Graphviz problem

Jennifer Vendetti
Administrator
OWLViz has not yet been updated to work with the latest version of
Graphviz.  What platform are you using?  If it's Windows, you can
download older, stable versions of Graphviz from here:

http://www.graphviz.org/pub/graphviz/stable/windows/

I've tested 2.20 and 2.18 and they both work with P3 and P4.

Jennifer

Phil Perucci wrote:

> Has anyone found a "fix" for the OWLviz problem with Graphviz?
>
> I just installed the latest Protege 3.4 (full) and latest graphviz.
> With Protege 3.4, using OWLviz "hangs".  With Protege 4 (latest), the
> fonts for the classes (classes tab) were unreadable.
>
> I've not used Protege 3.4 for about a year, so I'm quite rusty, but I
> saw another post about this problem, so I'm presumably not alone...
>
> Phil

Re: Protege 3.4 OWLViz/Graphviz problem

Tania Tudorache
OWLViz build 22 might fix this issue. Please download from:

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/OWLViz_build_22

Tania

Phil Perucci wrote:

> Has anyone found a "fix" for the OWLviz problem with Graphviz?
>
> I just installed the latest Protege 3.4 (full) and latest graphviz.
> With Protege 3.4, using OWLviz "hangs".  With Protege 4 (latest), the
> fonts for the classes (classes tab) were unreadable.
>
> I've not used Protege 3.4 for about a year, so I'm quite rusty, but I
> saw another post about this problem, so I'm presumably not alone...
>
> Phil

Re: Protege 3.4 OWLViz/Graphviz problem

Yu Lin-2
Hi, what's your platform?
I faced the similar problem with you when I installed
Protege 4 (buid111) in the Windows Vista platform. The
fonts changed and protege's response to the OWLviz became
too slow to view the graph.

But for my Windows2000 platform, they were just fine.

I need to know the reason as well.

Thanks!

Lin.

--- Phil Perucci <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Has anyone found a "fix" for the OWLviz problem with
> Graphviz?
>
> I just installed the latest Protege 3.4 (full) and
> latest graphviz.
> With Protege 3.4, using OWLviz "hangs".  With
> Protege 4 (latest), the
> fonts for the classes (classes tab) were unreadable.
>
> I've not used Protege 3.4 for about a year, so I'm
> quite rusty, but I
> saw another post about this problem, so I'm
> presumably not alone...
>
> Phil

Re: Protege 3.4 OWLViz/Graphviz problem

Tania Tudorache
The bad fonts and slowness in Vista are a different problem and we have
bug reports for these items in GForge.

The current fix only solves the edges not showing up problem, and the
NumberFormatException.

Tania

Yu Lin wrote:

> Hi, what's your platform?
> I faced the similar problem with you when I installed
> Protege 4 (buid111) in the Windows Vista platform. The
> fonts changed and protege's response to the OWLviz became
> too slow to view the graph.
>
> But for my Windows2000 platform, they were just fine.
>
> I need to know the reason as well.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Lin.
>
> --- Phil Perucci <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Has anyone found a "fix" for the OWLviz problem with
>> Graphviz?
>>
>> I just installed the latest Protege 3.4 (full) and
>> latest graphviz.
>> With Protege 3.4, using OWLviz "hangs".  With
>> Protege 4 (latest), the
>> fonts for the classes (classes tab) were unreadable.
>>
>> I've not used Protege 3.4 for about a year, so I'm
>> quite rusty, but I
>> saw another post about this problem, so I'm
>> presumably not alone...
>>
>> Phil

Re: Protege 3.4 OWLViz/Graphviz problem

Yu Lin-2
Dear Tania,

> The bad fonts and slowness in Vista are a different
> problem and we have
> bug reports for these items in GForge.
Do you mean that there is nothing availabe to solve the
problems in Vista?

Thanks,
Lin.

--- Tania Tudorache <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The bad fonts and slowness in Vista are a different
> problem and we have
> bug reports for these items in GForge.
>
> The current fix only solves the edges not showing up
> problem, and the
> NumberFormatException.
>
> Tania
>
> Yu Lin wrote:
> > Hi, what's your platform?
> > I faced the similar problem with you when I
> installed
> > Protege 4 (buid111) in the Windows Vista platform.
> The
> > fonts changed and protege's response to the OWLviz
> became
> > too slow to view the graph.
> >
> > But for my Windows2000 platform, they were just
> fine.
> >
> > I need to know the reason as well.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Lin.
> >
> > --- Phil Perucci <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> >> Has anyone found a "fix" for the OWLviz problem
> with
> >> Graphviz?
> >>
> >> I just installed the latest Protege 3.4 (full)
> and
> >> latest graphviz.
> >> With Protege 3.4, using OWLviz "hangs".  With
> >> Protege 4 (latest), the
> >> fonts for the classes (classes tab) were
> unreadable.
> >>
> >> I've not used Protege 3.4 for about a year, so
> I'm
> >> quite rusty, but I
> >> saw another post about this problem, so I'm
> >> presumably not alone...
> >>
> >> Phil

> >> Instructions for unsubscribing:
> >> http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/faq.html#01a.03

Re: Protege 3.4 OWLViz/Graphviz problem

Tania Tudorache
Lin,

I replied to your previous post.

It seems that Protege 4 in Vista has problems with OWLViz with fonts and
performance, and there is no fix for that yet.

Tania