Protege 4.2 alpha Import of RDFS ontology

Protege 4.2 alpha Import of RDFS ontology

Jochen Rauch
Dear all,

I would be grateful if someone could assist me with the following problem:
I created a new ontology with Protege 4.2 alpha, imported a RDFS
ontology as web resource and saved it in RDF/XML format. The import was
encoded as owl:imports directive. After opening the file again the
import disappears and all constructs of the imported RDFS are included
in the file directly now. How can I avoid this behaviour?

Many thanks in advance and best regards
Jochen Rauch

--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Jochen Rauch
Home Care / Telemedicine

Phone: +49 (0)6894 980215
Fax:   +49 (0)6894 980400
email: [hidden email]
http://www.ibmt.fraunhofer.de

Re: Protege 4.2 alpha Import of RDFS ontology

Hi Jochen,

You need to make sure that the RDFS file contains a triple that types a resource as an ontology, otherwise it just gets included into the importing ontology.  This behaviour is consistent with the OWL spec [1] imports specification.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-mapping-to-rdf/#Extracting_Declarations_and_the_IRIs_of_the_Directly_Imported_Ontology_Documents